Perusing the technology of treasure hunting metal detectors

MadPixelPusher

Oct 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
Surf P.I. Dual Field
While browsing Geotech http://www.geotech1.com/ a web site dedicated entirely to the technology of treasure hunting, I stumbled across a thread from 2007 where Eric Foster was looking for a schematic to build a two frequency field sensor susceptibility meter Magnetic Susceptibility Meter - Geotech Forums. Eric Foster is 'Ferric Toes' (an anagram for Eric Foster) in this thread. Additionally, I found the Hammerhead project page fascinating. A 2006 Do It Yourself Pulse Induction (PI) metal detector schematic construction article. The projects page Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting is a nice source of DIY projects for building other types of detectors as well (if you feel so inclined). An interesting read overall...

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built the hammerhead in 2007, actually 2, one with large coil and one with 10". Works great!!

And the price was right:icon_thumright:

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey that's great thanks will take a peak. Gosh back in the 90's I built a hybrid VLf/bfo I still have the board down stairs lol. It was in Electronics Australia published late 80's . Of course they wanted you to buy the kit so they were vague on coil construction. I found the coil I made tended to make the machine a bit "jittery" but it worked well enough for back them. Did anyone else build that machine ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread