Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jul 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Garret GTI 2500 Gremlin

All right, I have been metal detecting now for twenty years; usually with simple dial machines, which worked fairly well. However, about a year ago I decided to upgrade to a Garret GTI 2500 to help me save time from digging up junk. Ever since I bought the (new) machine, though I have been disappointed by regular wolf tones and phantom beeps. For example, I will be out in the field and get a good beep which the machine says is a dime or something but when I pass the coil over the location a second time the signal disappears only to come back on the ninth sweep. I have successfully bench tested the machine before I go into the field and have even sent it back to garret to but still find the same problem.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2008
    40 times
    My Garrett 250 does the same thing. My experience is its usually attributed to a small rusted target standing on end, like a tiny nail or staple.

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    138 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    My detectors do the same, I think that most of them do. I think that the discrimination might be fooled on some passes and as soon as you try to find the target the discrimination does make it dissapear. I say this because I hunt in a mode called Stereo mixed mode, so that means that in my left year I have a all metal sound and on my right I have the discrimination sound. So once I have a good beep on my right ear and than dissapears, I can still hear the signal on my left ear, so it is there, there is metal under the dirt, but most likely junk.

us
    Nov 2008
    Pikes Peak
    Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
    367 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    This might help a little bit ?? lately I've been running my GTI in all metal,then will switch to jewelry or relics mode for the ID ,seems to have been helping me . Good luck

Sponsors