Minelab Excalibur II 1000 vs Garrett Infinium ls

grunjalug

Dec 18, 2012
Hello,

I'm sure topics like this have been covered and if they have I apologize up front. I am looking to get into the hobby. I have been doing a bit of reading and have come down to two detectors. I have spent a lot of time comparing the two detectors. First I have read it is important to identify the the type of hunting that will be done. For me it will be beaches with the intent to expand to underwater wrecks ( fresh water - great lakes) seeing as I have my scuba certifications. So I guess I'm looking for a good all around detector, Coins, gold jewelry, and other valuable metals etc. that are found on the beach and underwater. I am willing to spend between 1 and 2 thousand dollars if necessary. I have seemed to narrow the pack down to two units. The minelab Excalibur 1000 and the Garrett infinium. I have gone through review after review of these two. It seems like there is good things said about both units. My first thought was to side with the Garrett with the PI tech but there are far more reviews on the minelab 1000 using VLF technology. So, the far greater number of reviews has me wondering about the minelab unit. It seems at the end of the day it comes down to a unit that uses VLF tech or PI tech to find its targets. I guess I'm looking for a bit of advise as to which would be better seeing as I have no experience with PI or VLF is one better then the other. I have read what the manufactures say. But, we all know their statements are bias. When the rubber hits the road does one perform better then the other and why? Or is there a unit that I missed that is better the these two? Guess I'm looking for any helpful information that could be passed along or has anyone used these two and found one to be better then the other? It's time to make a choice and I'm starting to feel like I should flip a coin to decide. : ) kidding. Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
First machine, A excalibur. I have both and I love both..but the excalibur is very versitile,easier, and will find more gold..the LS is limited..but a killer in the right spot......watch my videos on each....link below, you may have to go back a year or so to see each in action.....my very first machine was a pi....sold it with in a year....

OP
OP
G

grunjalug

Dec 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the info. I was hoping to hear from someone who had used / owned both. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread