At Pro vs Ace 250

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the Pro, I bought a 350, and after about 30 hours, upgraded to the AT Pro.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine after first buying the ace 350. Then I spent the extra money on the atpro and love it. Gave the ace to my little girl

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seems to be a lot of people replace their ace series detectors soon after purchase with a better model. Like the At-Pro...

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure get the AT Pro.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a lot of years I am getting an AT Pro..Let me say I have enjoyed my light weight Ace 250 more than I can say...It has functioned perfectly..I have abused it to no end...By no means will it be retired..I am keeping it for sniper duty...Have a 1350 that has gathered dust since I bought it...Have been detecting since the 70's on and off started as a kid...Hope you enjoy your new toy..Will let everyone know what I think after a few trips with mine...

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing I don't have to say a thing, but if it were me, if I had known years ago what I know now, the AT Pro for sure. Love my Bounty Hunters (Quick Draw II and 505) but they are the ones that ride in the vehicle with me at all times for those quick hunts. The Pro is what I take for my more serious hunts and places where the water is more than waist deep.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be a lot of people replace their ace series detectors soon after purchase with a better model. Like the At-Pro...
I used mine for two years and loved it. I just now upgraded to the AT Pro an my wife inherits my Ace250 which is still in great condition.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I had the 150 I never dug a bottle cap...ever, when I got the AT Pro I dug them all the time! Sure, you can just call it user error, but there were times when they rang in perfect, no iron at all, no bounce right at 81. With the 150 if it says coin, 98% of the time it was a coin. I may not have had depth or discrimination, but it was a fine machine and for a more laid-back hunter the way to go...or the 250 because being able to pinpoint is awesome. Better discrimination makes you question yourself and if you hate passing up a potential good target you dig it....and its going to be junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread