whites coinmaster 6000 di series 3 PROBLEMS, NEED HELP!!

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Day! does any one know if a 6000/di sr's3 can be tweaked and I have a problem with the meter going wild on me once in a while. Ive fiddled withe the connections when the machine is off, works fine for a few hours and then goes wild again. Note++ If I place the coil near a very large object or a Silver dollar, the machine seems to reset itself. Does it sound if I have a coil problem ? your views would be Welcomed!! ???

PS; Thank god I got 3 back ups to use!

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I would send it to Whites with a note stating your issues. Let them give you a quote on any repairs. You might just get it back with a big "no charge" on the bill.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Just for kicks. The plastic screen can build up a static charge. It effects the needle. Take it off and coat the inside with a little dish soap and let dry.

Also the series 3 has two circuit boards. They are joined by a connector. This connector needs to have the contacts cleaned. I've had it happen twice. Rob

clockdryve

Greenie
Dec 10, 2005
rcasi44 said:
Just for kicks. The plastic screen can build up a static charge. It effects the needle. Take it off and coat the inside with a little dish soap and let dry.

Also the series 3 has two circuit boards. They are joined by a connector. This connector needs to have the contacts cleaned. I've had it happen twice. Rob
GOOD answer................................XXXXXXXX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread