XLT standard 9.5" coil on a Prizm II?

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Re: XLT standard 9.5" coil on a Prizm II?

The prizms run around 8.6 khz and the xlt about 6.5 khz so they won't work right.

OP
OP
A

absalon

That's too bad. I think the prizm II is an excellent machine and very lightweight. It would be nice if White's made more of a selection of coils for this model. It would probably be more popular.

The standard 8" coil is good, but it just don't have the power to get deeper where the really good stuff is.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

I'm not sure what you want? If you want a 950 coil for the P2 then they have one. But the 8 inch coil in my opionion is a good all around coil. There is little depth difference if any. You can usually crank the sens up a notch or two using the 8 inch coil. Also the coil slides across the grass better when pinpointing.
I think I saw where Jimmy Sierra has some more coils for the Prizms. Might check it out.

OP
OP
A

absalon

I have checked Jimmy's site and found the 18" bigfoot. This, along with the 950 coil available from White's is the only coil options for the prizm series. This is a shame because the prizm series is a good, all-around machine. White's needs to add some variety to their lower cost detecting equipment.

The only bad thing about cranking the sens up is that you start to get interference with external sources. If I carnk me PII up and have stopped to dig a target, the detector is still sounding off when I sit it down. This, I believe, is hard on the batteries.

Thanks for the input. I am starting to move toward relic hunting and need the extra depth that the 8" coil doesn't provide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions