Gray Ghost NDT

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Finally was able to get me some new headphones. I picked up a pair of Gray Ghost NTD's. I'am not very impressed with them. I run a MXT PRO with multi-tones. The audio is very mono,dull and lifeless almost like the speakers are blown or something. Where with my Whites Royal GTs the tones were very clear, very vibrant, very distinguishable between tones. My question is are my new headphones bad? Any suggestions?

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure they're not bad headphones but I gotta recommend the Treasure Wise Headphones. They won't break your wallet.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Finally was able to get me some new headphones. I picked up a pair of Gray Ghost NTD's. I'am not very impressed with them. I run a MXT PRO with multi-tones. The audio is very mono,dull and lifeless almost like the speakers are blown or something. Where with my Whites Royal GTs the tones were very clear, very vibrant, very distinguishable between tones. My question is are my new headphones bad? Any suggestions?

Look at it this way. You bought a fancy name and the hype that went along with it. Now go and buy the ones you liked and had success with. Chalk it up to live and learn. Maybe you can return the Ghosts. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Skelly607

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Look at it this way. You bought a fancy name and the hype that went along with it. Now go and buy the ones you liked and had success with. Chalk it up to live and learn. Maybe you can return the Ghosts. Frank... View attachment 843822
I did do a lot of research, People were talking how good they were. The Gray Ghosts,Jolly rogers,Black widows etc. I truly think something maybe wrong with them. I'am gonna contact detector pro tomorrow.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I did do a lot of research, People were talking how good they were. The Gray Ghosts,Jolly rogers,Black widows etc. I truly think something maybe wrong with them. I'am gonna contact detector pro tomorrow.

I think you will find that some members will brag about buying the biggest name at the highest price level and suffer the illusion that they have the most technically advanced item when in reality they just paid more for a product that might have came from the same offshore site and was rebranded. Hay just my thoughts, Frank... PS: Just look at all the complaints about the pro pointers, and some still suffer the illusion.

OP
OP
Skelly607

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Seeing how I will be getting a new pair in the near future because I'am not gonna hunt with these,,,,who would you suggest? On a two tone machine these may be fine but not for multi-tone.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2 years ago I bought Gray Ghosts, A short time after I gave them away.
I hated them. My hunting buddies who use them have no complaints :dontknow:
I have 70's rock Concert Ears, & cannot use anything with volume Limiters.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently told a $25.00 pair of Sony headphones from Walmart
would make great detector phones if they has better Cords.
the Price is all in the intended use.

Thursday I should know if $25.00 Treasure Wise Headphones,
were a good alternative to spending an arm & a Leg again

Last edited:

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I was recently told a $25.00 pair of Sony headphones from Walmart
would make great detector phones if they has better Cords.
the Price is all in the intended use.

Thursday I should know if $25.00 Treasure Wise Headphones,
were a good alternative to spending an arm & a Leg again
That is no way to treat the sponsors Jeff.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was told this by a sponsor, who sells both

besides Many members prefer one detector over another.
Not an attack on the Sposors, just a Personal opinion
on Headphones made by the Volume Police

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skelly607

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
It's Jeff_of_Pa's honesty that keeps us here to see the ads from the sponsors. Jeff_of_pa look for my charter membership right after this post. For $25 I may look at some Treasure wise head phones.

OP
OP
Skelly607

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
I called Detector Pro, He said if I'am getting sound then there is nothing wrong with them so I just listed them on Ebay for $100. Jeff_of_PA Once these sell I will use the money in the PayPal account to become a charter member.

OP
OP
Skelly607

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Ordered a pair of Sun Ray pro golds today. Will let ya'll know how they turn out.

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I've had my Grey Ghosts for over four years and have never had a problem.I do know that I have to flip the right side switch to go from my Whites to my Minelab detector.Before you write them off you might try flipping the switches inside the earpiece.I use the deepwoods and have not been kind to them.DBULL

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using my Grey Ghost NDT's for over 7 years and no major problems with them. I've had to repair one of the cords, ( I have 3 extras) the coil cord is way too short to be able to stand up while digging with the machine on the ground. I stressed the wire that goes into the plug. When I use my phones on my Etrac, I have to click the switch down to work in stereo, up for use in mono for my Fisher 1266-X...........nge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread