wireless headphones

1%er

Aug 5, 2013
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at radioshak today... they had a slew of wireless headphones under $100 bucks... some in the 50-70 range would likely be just fine.

1%er

Aug 5, 2013
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are going back to radioshak.. the whimpy little cord sucks. I just bought some jolly rogers

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to read my comments here.

Let me add this. Any Bluetooth enabled device will have some built in delay. The delay is dependent on the distance between the transmitter and receiver. In my case, the dongle is only a couple of feet from the headphones. Add some delay due to lack of computing power in the detector in question, and I suspect some folks won't like the delay, or can't compensate for it.

Some one mentioned the Radio Shack ones. Some are RF, but not Bluetooth. They work, but they don't last all that long. I've gone through two pair in about 2 years. They are no longer available. The IR ones you can forget about.

The Whites unit with Bluetooth (unless they've updated it which I doubt) uses the first generation Bluetooth firmware. The delay is a bit longer than the version 2, but still shouldn't present a problem. BT version 3 in on the verizon, and the delay should all but be gone! Hopefully!

Last edited:

apak

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2013
Digger82, i have those Rapoos and they work great with my Etrac. I just had to by a converter plug so it would plug jn my machine. Was 3 bucks plus 45 for the headphones. Nice and light and no cord to tangle. Check Amazon and eBay. Any other kind, you need to get one with the transmitter that will plug into you headphone hack with a converter plug. I bought another type with large over the ear directly from china but they were white and would get dirty fast. I use them as backup and also with my IPhone.

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen on the Jolly Rogers. I really like mine and have been using them for about a year now. In fact, I am going to use them tomorrow at a new site I just got permission to hunt. Old map shows about 7 houses there in 1914, only an outbuilding is still sorta standing. Remnants of old mature trees, all just grassy area now and best of all, it is completely hidden from public view. Perfect site, will post results soon.

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen on the Jolly Rogers. I really like mine and have been using them for about a year now. In fact, I am going to use them tomorrow at a new site I just got permission to hunt. Old map shows about 7 houses there in 1914, only an outbuilding is still sorta standing. Remnants of old mature trees, all just grassy area now and best of all, it is completely hidden from public view. Perfect site, will post results soon.
Need help? Of course, I'm two days behind!

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good wireless headphones out there that are good for metal detecting and at a decent price can't pull the trigger on spending 300$ for the whites for my v3i

Call Mary in customer support. She got me a refurbished set for $50.00. Can't beat it.

bluemask

Apr 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT , CScope 990 XD, Tesoro DeLeon, Fisher CZ3D, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of adapter are you going to need to use them with the MD?

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
What you want is Sennheiser RS 160 headphones. They have a small disk shaped antennae that works on two AA batteries. Nice headphones, very comfortable.

ArizFlash

Sep 19, 2008
North Central WA
Detector(s) used
Whites - V3 i , MXT Pro, XLT, IDX
Fisher F70, Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same dilemma with my V3i. Didn't want to spend the money for new. Bought the Rapoo but they sound like crap. Finally found some on the big auction site for $150. They sound good and pair almost instantly. A little warm in the summer. They are battery hogs though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread