Adding a switch to At Pro headphones to switch between them and speaker.

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love an option to easily switch between the speaker and headphones for when I'm shooting a video and detecting. Just wondering if I opened the circuit to the headphones, if that's what triggers the detector to enable the speaker? Garrett doesn't use a standard 1/8" or 1/4" style plug but a male/female water-tight connector.

Joe

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the switch but I bought a cable to covert the water tight on the AT to a 1/4" jack. There a little spendy but I have different headphones I like to use other than the factory phones. Havnt checked to see if when I unplug the phones if the speaker will work but Im betting it will. The conversion cable is slick it has cable clamps to attach to the detector. I found mine on Ebay. I seem to recall about 30 or 40 bucks. I will check the speaker operation and get back to you. Sam

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Im Back and indeed the speaker activates when you unplug the 1/4" headphone jack from the adaptor cable. Sam

OP
OP
V

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Im Back and indeed the speaker activates when you unplug the 1/4" headphone jack from the adaptor cable. Sam

Thanks, Sam. I figured when the circuit was opened that the speaker was activated.

I'll post if it works and how I did it.

Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread