water proofing

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I enclosed my tesoro umax in pvc pipe,took the board and controls out of box.one of these
days I will post the pics on beach and shallow water forum.

J

jstanthrguy

b6ss99,
Maybe you could talk your Techy friend into doing it for you. ;)

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
no just lazy :D posted basic how and pics on shallow/beach forum.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i seen the price , it would cost you more too water proof it,the you paid for it, easy one to waterproof, looks like only 2 knobs and a switch, the knobs i buy cost 30.00 each plus head phones and coil connectors 15.00 ea. then the housing, also how about the coil cable length to make it a hip mount. i waterproof many over the years working on my sov gt right now, parts so far about 260.00, plus going to use waterprood headphones thats 130.00, but when done it be good to 200ft, are you can go the cheap way , no knobs, cheap housing for about 25.00 .yes the parts i use are ikelite yes they are not cheap. but i feel better using them,never had a unit leak yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread