Bose Headphones Versus Grey Ghosts.

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey ghosts will be here tomorrow. Never tried my Bose Headphones with a 1/4" adapter. I'm using a At Pro. No volume control. The Bose are super comfortable just wondering what you guys think of those? Maybe an inline volume control?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Until someone pipes in - take a look at Grey Ghost Headphones? (Aug 12, 2013, 08:29 PM)...

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, 2 Garrett Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same thing....I have a set of Klipsch over the ear headphones and by putting the 1/4" adaptor that came with it, it would fit. I'm wondering what the difference in using a set that are made for the detector or using a quality set of phones.... Being the fact that Bose and Klipsch, in my opinion, are one of the top of the line headphones....

And to add to the conversation....what about a set of in-ear, ear buds with the 1/4" adaptor on the detector????

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey ghosts will be here tomorrow. Never tried my Bose Headphones with a 1/4" adapter. I'm using a At Pro. No volume control. The Bose are super comfortable just wondering what you guys think of those? Maybe an inline volume control? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What kind of Bose are you working with? Just asking as I have the QC 15 and they are super comfy with the noise canceling, and the also don't look like you have dinner plates attached to the side of your head like some of the detector ink phone look like....:-)

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Bose with my MXT and they work great. The only problem I have is when it's windy as the adapter where they plug into is a little loose and the sound stops until I wiggle it a little.

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Bose with my MXT and they work great. The only problem I have is when it's windy as the adapter where they plug into is a little loose and the sound stops until I wiggle it a little.
Is that because of a loose female receptacle in your detector or the 1/4" plug is just a tad bit smaller than the receptacle that it doesn't fit snug? How about volume control? I have a volume knob on my F5, I would suppose that would control headphone volume wouldn't it? Only asking cuz I haven't tried it yet....

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of Bose are you working with? Just asking as I have the QC 15 and they are super comfy with the noise canceling, and the also don't look like you have dinner plates attached to the side of your head like some of the detector ink phone look like....:-)

I believe they are QC15s but will have to check. I am for sure I will need to put an inline volume control if using them tho.

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they are QC15s but will have to check. I am for sure I will need to put an inline volume control if using them tho.

Are the really loud on your machine?

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty loud. Hate to run across a buried vehicle lol

TexasCTX3030

Feb 25, 2017
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug - Loaner for my first ever find
My First Metal Detector Ever - CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
revive this post. wounder how the Bose QC25 or QC35 would be with a CTX 3030 - anyone with a chance to try it?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they would work well. ??? Also guess on how lightweight the HP's are & the area being hunted ie, woods or a field.

I used regular 1980's (High End) HP's For Years . I broke them & for the past few month been using some that came in a Package Deal years ago. (For detectors) They are OK but I miss the old 1980's ones.

Just give em a try & GL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread