Gray Ghost headphones

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting my At Pro Gray Ghosts headphones I realized it only has 1 volume knob. I then looked them up and see there are several models.
Dual Knobs
Removeable cord models
One with a toggle switch
Thin ones
Ones with momentary switches

Anyone tell me about them?
I bought the the AT Pro adapter to adapt from the AT connector to a 1/4" Jack to allow me to easily disconnect my headphones.
Does the universal Gray Ghost work on an AT Pro as well as the connector specific?
If they work the same is there any reason why I would not buy a dual volume knob?

Can anyone recommend the removeable cord version?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawman I bought the original gg and they do great no problem with them slipping off your head just my two cents on them as far as having one volume knob is fine with me as Iusually Cock one side up off one ear so I can hear my surroundings as like I said they fit tight and if wearing both it blocks noise like noones business I also bought the adapter for my pro.

My thoughts on the one with two cables wouldn't be the best for me as that means two ends that could pull out or get damaged but I hunt the woods alot

Price on the originals was about 90 dollors with the two cable jobs about 125 or so

Hope this helps but if your like me it's always decisions decisions decisions lol.
Best of luck and happy hunting

Scott

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the original Grey Ghosts with a single volume knob and I have no gripe with them, they work great. As I tell everyone, just be sure to order a set with volume control because the AT Pro doesn't have volume control built in and you don't want to detect at full volume with headphones with no control.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have Grey Ghost Amphibians, with one volume control knob, it controls both sides. I like the snug fit, crank them up to 10, and away we go, in the zone!

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I paid top dollar I guess because they are amphibians. The dual knob all land based?
1/4" blog versus direct garrett plug any difference at all?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe that nothing is different between the direct hook up compared to adding the connected other than I guess the waterproofing at the point the headphones plug into the adapter but I liked the idea of being able to swap headgear as with the gg tight fitting as they are they will have your ears sweating and so far that has been this spring not sure how they will be mid summer but with the adapter I can switch to ear buds or on the ear headphones rather than over the ear.
But so far they are great an like I said it's hard to pull the trigger on things sometimes I've been a pro disc jockey for over fifteen years an never paid that much for headgear but I had to have em and can say I m not disappointed in the least.
Also with just the adapter an no headset the at pro will be audible with the internal speaker.
Also I didn't want the hassle of maybe breaking the pins with the original connection they are one bad thing I've noticed about the pro. Happy hunting
Scott

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used multiple brands of headphones with the AT Pro and a headphone adapter and I didn't have any problems at all, although all of them had the volume control. I preferred using my own headphones verses the stock Garret headphones.

I bought the NDTS because I need a 1/4" plug and a 1/8" plug. I use the 1/8" plug on my Deus and it works perfectly. I would only buy the NDTS if I needed the different plugs, otherwise I would just stick with the plain, connected plug.

The NDTS did save my bacon this year and instead of pulling out my Minelab control module out of my pouch in the woods, it just disconnected from the headphone while I was fighting through the bushes. I had panicked and thought that I had lost my $250 module at first when my headphone cable was dangling from my pouch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread