New Tech Talk Forum

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Ok.. I'll Make the first post!!

Can Someone tell me what frequency(ies) the BH machines work at? I have a Discovery 2200 Also, what is the impediance of the headphone jack? None of this info in the manual

C

czman

Thanks...glad to see this forum...need some input on the troy shadow 5 as to how good it is...is it as good as others say and where is it beefed up at beside the freq...thanks...Don

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Hi Stoney; well from looking at all the BH models, all the coils seem to at least 'look' the same, so, I figure if their wound the same I would suppose they all use pretty well the same frequency ranges.. Any idea on the impedance of the audio out jack?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That I couldn't tell you Gunfarce. just happened to grab the other info from Kellyco catalog. BH has a link at the very to of the forum page, click it and look left for ask an expert, give your email address and ask the question in the box provided. Sorry I couldn't help more.

C

czman

Thanks Stoney for the info on the shadow and troy...thanks again...Don

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet the Gunfarce post about Troy...

working for Tesoro as a "design engineer" is "news" to some folks!

Fact is, he never worked for Tesoro. Tesoro with a private label contract,?built the Shadow using an existing Tesoro circuit board. The 7" coil for that detector was a thin profile housing with the very same windings as a standard Tesoro 7" coil with the exception of the feedback winding being attached to the transmit rather than the receive winding of the coil. The cosmetic differences in the two lines were or should be apparent to those who have seen both.

The electronics portion of the later X-3, 5 Shadow was engineered by one of the recognized top rated engineers in the detector industry. What part Troy had in the design of the electronics housing and coil housing will have to be reported by someone else. The 3 and 5 detectors were built by Fisher under a contract private label deal. It seems that this contract has now ended and will not be renewed.

I believe that if one does some serious investigation into the subject, they will find the above to be fact.

HH,
Ty

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shucks, now I got to start reading...

the "lines!" My above reply should have been to Stoney56 instead of Gunfarce. Sorry 'bout that.

Might call Tesoro, I'm sure someone there could tell you who did or didn't work there.

HH,
Ty

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Thanks for the tip Stoney.. I'll check the BH Website .. I just want to match the headphones to the output.. The less you miss the better, and my hearing ain't that good, some audio frequencies vanish all together..The 'other' half, says I have a built in 'wife filter' ::)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Just check the frequency response specs on any headphones you want to get. Basically, the widest spec within the range of tones heard by the human ear will get you the most. Dual vloume controls may be misconstrued as amplified, they are not. Anytime you add a volume control you are depleting signal to some degree by the value of the components used/added.

The value and frequency response of the earpiece itself makes the greatest difference. Any aftermarket headphones should have a spec sheet detailing their characterisitics.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my earphones I was not interested in amplification rather turning it down! The non volume adjustable headphones I had tended to blow my ears off! I couldn't hear the lower more subtle sounds plus I also have a hearing loss in one ear. Going to adjustable phones solved 99% of my problems.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Well, I got a pair of 1000 ohm 'cookies' I used to use when working CW on HF.. but I doubt they would be any good on the BH.. AND, theirs no volume control on the MD.. So having them on the headset does make a lot of sense.. Still got a bit of time before the ice moves out, time to spend looking for something that works the way I need them to. Thanks guys..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread