FISHER CZ20

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
wanting to convert my cz20 to a cz21.does anyone know of anybody else that does this and will warranty the work.first texas is saying they are out of the parts?:icon_scratch:?????:BangHead:so i still want to get a quality work and quality parts.has anyone used another source and been satified with the workmanship?curious what it cost you also?i need to start finding some silver dollars or old coins or gold or diamonds.i'm starting to loose faith in metal detecting.thanks all

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
If your CZ20 works, don't fix it.

If it doesn't work, then there's that other matter......... The parts needed to repair a CZ20 to CZ20 spex and then to reseal it well enough to issue a warranty on the work no longer exist. The closest thing there is, is the CZ21. Repairing a CZ20 consists of converting it to a CZ21, which only the factory in El Paso is equipped to do.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
If your CZ20 works, don't fix it.

If it doesn't work, then there's that other matter......... The parts needed to repair a CZ20 to CZ20 spex and then to reseal it well enough to issue a warranty on the work no longer exist. The closest thing there is, is the CZ21. Repairing a CZ20 consists of converting it to a CZ21, which only the factory in El Paso is equipped to do.

hey there woof-it works but i'm afraid to take it in the water.i bought it from a guy that sold me his junk.after i bought it.it sat for a year and when i went to remove the batteries i saw it had a melt mark on the flush housing side of the battery compartment.i dont know if it happened when a repair was done or what?but basically someone sold me their junk.it was a flaw that was easily overlooked.but i got stuck.i dont know why people have to do things like that.just one word comes to mind MONEY! so now i have to throw more money out.any ideas?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CZ-20 still works fine, but if it gives up the ghost I too will have to sideways grade to a CZ-21. No way around it. ONE TIP IS TO SMEARE SILICONE OVER THE RUBBER PINPOINT BUTTON TO EXTEND LIFE. I never need to use the pinpoint anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread