DFX Start up instability

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
I have created a custom program for my DFX after reading a lot of info to gain depth. The program works well but when I load it in and ground balance the detector goes crazy for a little while before it stabilizes. This may last for a couple of minutes then it stabilizes and works great. While it is going through this phase I get a lot of sounds, silence and icons on the screen. Once it stabilizes the threshold is constant unless it is getting a signal and all works as it should. Once it stabilizes if I have to adjust the AC sensitivity down to keep it stable it will go through the phase again and then works fine. Some of the main settings in the program are: Pre Amp Gain 4, AC Sens 70-80 depending on location, Sweep Speed 1, Ground filters 4. Other than that most other settings are somewhat normal.

Have I done something wrong, does my detector need repaired, or is it just going through a start up phase that is normal until the settings I load are digested by the processor?

Please let me know. It would be comfortable to know that this is normal... if it is.
Thanks

bama #1

Dec 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your preamp gain and AC are the two main adjustments for stability. You might try setting them lower at start up, then start bumping them up. Mine runs better when I ground balance after each adjustment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread