Gray ghost headphone purchase and installation questions.

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought my Excalibur 2 in 2009, and have had it in for repair several times since then.For years,I have stored my detectors in my garage.During warm weather it gets really hot out there. I'm sure that this has caused many of my problems,so I am going to start storing them in the house.Recently,I noticed that the sheathing covering my headphone wires was splitting.I cut the wires and re-soldered them back several times,but that doesn't work any more. I have heard that many people are having Gray Ghost U.W. headphones installed on their Excalibur 2 detectors. I am going to have this done,also. I have a couple of questions.Do you buy the headphones then send them to some one to install them,or do you send them the detector and they purchase headphones and install them,for a certain price?Also,is there some one here in Florida who installs these headphones? Thanks in advance for your input.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping your detector stored in a controlled environment is best. Excessive heat and temperature fluxuations can damage electronics and insulators like your headphone wire jacket. As to who can install your headphone to your machine try posting in the beach/salt water section or the general section.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You want the GG Amphibians, Much better then the GGUW's, And ask for the second generation GGA's. A very easy task to change out using the original endcap.

The GGA's are a bolder design over the GGUW's with a larger Piezo, and volume control and will offer more comfort then the stock and a big increase in volume.

I have closed shop till Dec 1....Hunting season

Also call Dave or Barry at Kellyco, they will do them for you...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for Dave or Barry in their Minelab repair center...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread