old Garrett - no sound in speaker or headphones..

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be up to you but I'd suggest you contact Garrett and see if they would be willing to fix your detector. Possible problems might be a bad headphone jack, this will cut out the speaker circuit and headphones; bad speaker and bad jack; or the audio circuit is broken. Could be as simple as a broken wire shorting out the audio circuit as well~
If your inclined to you can open up the unit and take a look around for broken or loose connections or any obvious damage to the circuits. If ya see something take a good picture and post it here and mayhap one of us can help you with it.

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks on the input DDancer..I'll call Garrett and see what they say. I'll take a look first. I imagine the repair cost would be more than what it's worth, but will see what they say as I know from responses they are really a up and up company on customer service..

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks on the input DDancer..I'll call Garrett and see what they say. I'll take a look first. I imagine the repair cost would be more than what it's worth, but will see what they say as I know from responses they are really a up and up company on customer service..

I hear Garrett is really good at working on machines. I haven't sent any but with my AT Pro I will if it needs repairs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread