Long range electroscopes (do they work)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are REALLY good at finding suckers wallets! But then again, I am an LRL Skeptic with only 30 or so years experience with electronic communications equipment.

Mike

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
They are REALLY good at finding suckers wallets! But then again, I am an LRL Skeptic with only 30 or so years experience with electronic communications equipment.

Mike

Haha yea seems to be the general opinion. If I made one that worked no way would I sell it or even let on that it existed, I'd be too busy pulling out fat nuggets!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yea seems to be the general opinion. If I made one that worked no way would I sell it or even let on that it existed, I'd be too busy pulling out fat nuggets!

AND YOU, MY FRIEND, HAVE USED THE LRL MAKER'S MORTAL ENEMY! LOGIC! I have said that SO many times I have lost count. When you see the maker/seller pull up in some old beater car or truck, you have to say to yourself "If this thing REALLY worked, I would NEVER sell it (much less sell it for $500 or $600 dollars). I would use it myself, and lease my services for a large figure (or percentage)". Every mining company would have several. Even the Government would have them.

Mike

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With out seeing it, or the inside of the box. I would like to say to each his own. There are dishonest people in all area of this hobby. Some folks dont think dowsing works, but I do. I understand mike trying to save you a few dollars. Just know what your buying.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a metal detector or anything that it doesn't claim to be. An Electroscope is a new breed and concept of metal detector technology. It is an electronic locator that will recognize the presence of metals from a long distance, up to two miles away on sizeable targets. These fine instruments can aid treasure hunters by providing a direction and an approximate location where treasure might be buried, then you can finish off your recovery of gold, coins, relics, and more using a conventional deep seeking metal detector. Hunting for nuggets, veins, and paystreaks in highly mineralized areas is a natural application for these custom designed instruments. Cover more ground in less time and increase the chance of making a recovery-- after all, the goal of all treasure hunters is to be productive with their equipment and save search time.

It doesn't matter what it CLAIMS to be. It doesn't find anything. Do you want to know what the inside of an Electroscope looks like? Here is a link to Carl Moreland's Website:

LRL REPORT

For those that don't know, Carl Moreland is an Electrical Engineer that currently designs metal detectors for First Texas/Fisher. He used to design metal detectors for White's Electronics, and has many years experience. I am just going by working with electronic communications equipment for over 30 years.

ALL LRL's are crap.

KayEhm,

You seem to have missed the BIG POINT that Kamorle got right away:

If any normal thinking person had a piece of equipment that could find all that LRL Makers claim theirs do, then you would NEVER sell one (much less sell one for $1000-$2000). You would keep the only one in existence and lease out your services for either a percentage or a big user fee.

Like Kamorle said, I might not even let on that I had such a miraculous piece of equipment. Hell, if you had something like that that actually worked, and everybody knew it, I bet dollars to donuts that you would be murdered within a month and your SHAZAAM5000 LRL would disappear like a fart in a high wind!

Mike

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
well, gollum, I'll be the devil's advocate here: You say in post #4, that if they worked, "even the govt. would have them". But the electroscope advocates would merely say that if ever govt. people (or hobbyists) tested them, and found them not to work ("crap" as you say), then that merely means those persons who tried:

a) didn't practice long enough.

b) weren't using it correctly

c) didn't have "the gift"

d) sun spots or lunar eclipses, radio interference that day, etc....

Let me give you an example: Let's say a metal detector manufacturer shows a picture of a successful user of their equipment, posed in a photograph holding a gold coin they found. So a beginner (or govt. tester, or whomever) takes one of those detectors, and walks out to fields and parks to put the claims to the test. And all they found was some pulltabs and a zinc penny. They could conclude (as you have) that the ad's are lies, aimed at "finding sucker's wallets".

You would say that the md'r wasn't md'ing in a place that had gold coins, and that they, no doubt, needed more practice at the detector. RIGHT ?? So why the double-standard when it comes to the electroscope and person's who didn't get them to find treasure ??

And as for Carl's disassembly of one to inspect the intererior, that too is much too easy to explain: It's un-explained science. Like just as scientists once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible, yet one day, future science explained those things. Thus Carl merely doesn't understand how they work.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey, and don't you love this quote from KayEhm:

" ....These fine instruments can aid treasure hunters by providing a direction and an approximate location where treasure might be buried, then you can finish off your recovery of gold, coins, relics, and more using a conventional deep seeking metal detector...."

So let's put that in Layman's language: You wave the thing around enough likely looking spots (old ruins, and/or places you've already researched to have potential, human traffic, etc....). Then you turn on your regular conventional metal detector, and ......... I'LL BE DURNED, there's METAL beeps there. Heck, maybe even a goodie. Nevermind that if you turn on your metal detector around ANY PLACE that had human activity (old ruins, etc....) that you're going to get metal (maybe even a goodie).

So whenever I see someone posed next to their jar of coins they found with their LRL or electroscope, I sometimes wonder if it's not these type cases where they used their device to get the "approximate" area, and then used their standard detector to pinpoint (yeah right) it.

S

stefen

Argue all you want but the proof is in the certified results.

LRL's haven't published findings comparable those of twirling a bob over a hand drawn map on a greasy napkin or a photo.

Results talk and BS walks.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....LRL's haven't published findings comparable those of twirling a bob over a hand drawn map on a greasy napkin or a photo.......

Stefen stefen stefen, you're making this much too easy to get yourself de-bunked and shot down. Obviously you haven't read their responses to statements such as the one you're making. So I will save you from future embarrassment, by letting you know how they will summarily dismiss your statement:

It's not that their LRL's aren't finding stuff. The fact that you don't see "published findings" (as you put it) from the LRL crowd, is only because they're after BIG GAME stuff (caches, etc....). Not individual coins and rings like a typical md'r who posts pix of their show & tell. And since they're after big-game big-ticket big money items, they don't post, because they don't want the IRS coming after them. And don't want thieves targeting their house. These are the reasons you're not seeing testimonials and "found" stuff by them. NOT that they're not finding the stuff.

And besides, your premise is faulty anyhow: Haven't you see the various advertisements of guys posed next to the jars of gold coins they found ? And afterall, pictures/photographs don't lie. So it's not as if some testimonials and photographs haven't made the rounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread