AT Pro and TDK 700 headsets

edlynne

Nov 9, 2013
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an At Pro, and to wire the 700's to the detector I first had to buy the cable from the garrett connector to 1/4 connector. (good size cable)1/4 to mini, then it would not work plugged directly in 700's small transmitter so i had to get a volume control to add also. It works great, but my question is how to you get all that cable, with the transmitter to fit under the unit. I am using cable ties, velcro but it is still out in the open exposed to dirt and weather. Has anyone put all this inside some type of case and mounted that to the detector. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
edlynne

edlynne

Nov 9, 2013
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I made up to protect my wireless setup. I used a small fishing box to put my tdk transmitter and volume control inside. This keeps my transmitter dry, clean and safe when laying detector on ground. It also gives me the option that if it starts raining I can unplug the box and keep the transmitter dry in my pocket. The headsets still work great and as soon as this weeks 3 feet of snow melts I will check it outside.
zHl8NCg.jpg

WZyaVEL.jpg

JIIOtba.jpg

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a small zippered coin purse 2" X 2" and put the transmitter in with a small hole to run the transmitter wire through and the Velcro the whole thing to the side of my arm cuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread