Some Target IDs are different lately.. What used to be a solid number has changed.. ?

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Air testing my new Minelab 705-GoldPack. To replace my older ML. Anyway the air testing numbers are slightly different from my old ML. Another 705 user here sent his coil back because it was reading a higher number. Like from 42 to 44 for example. As these 705s can be adjusted so precisely, he or I could be blocking some items without knowing. Question:
I have been reading about magnetic North shifting but also other odd changes in the earths signals. Here's a video

What are your thoughts?
Personally whatever my meter calls a quarter is what I will use. I mean the real world is what counts. :)
BB

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your detector measures resistance and conductivity in the presence of the field it is generating at a specific frequency to determine the ID for what it assumes to be a coin sized object. Local changes in your area of the Earth's magnetic field will have no effect on the readout.

Have you cleaned the inside of your coil cover lately?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread