All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not when you can get a used Vaquero that would hunt deeper.

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't afford a new detector.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say "no" unless you live in an area with exceptionally high or low ground mineralization.

Is this a kit someone offers? I say decidedly "NO" if this is just adding a potentiometer and jacking into the existing Cibola components.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently read about modding the Cibola. For the price of the parts, I would pay about the same for a widescan coil for the Cibola and still keep the warranty by not modding the unit. You probably won't need the warranty, but it helps when you decide to sell the machine.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you bought the Cibola brand new with the warranty and you needed manual ground balance due to bad mineralization. You might come to the conclusion you bought wrong due to the lack of depth.
There is a ground balance pot on the inside that can be adjusted to your ground mineralization situation. You will not void warranty doing this.

Now if you bought a used Cib on the cheap with no warranty, you can do the same or do the mod. You can download the mod off my website. I no longer do the mods since moving to Canada, shipping here and back plus
the cost of the mod would not be cost effective. Keith Southern can do the mod for US guys.

Just to give you an idea of the performance after the mod, watch Keiths video.

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would I go about adjusting that GB pot and knowing that I'm correct on the GB ? I like that idea, as I do feel I should be getting better depth out of the cibola. Especially on coins. I live in Indiana and we have some clay in the soil but its mostly fair soil.

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really appreciate your help!