Claims that Metal Detector Finds Silver at 10FT Deep?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More stupid people on TV, I'm shocked! :laughing7:

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probable meant 10 inches ! Gary

That's what I think too, but I had to rewind the DVR to make sure I heard it right.

Curious if it was just a mistake in the voice over script or a "producer embellishment" decision to write the script using 10 ft instead of 10 inches

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It detects 10ft deep once you have removed the first 9ft of soil.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, if the silver is the size of a school bus !
Just a typo... 10" versus 10'

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, if the silver is the size of a school bus !
Just a typo... 10" versus 10'

I think their looking for a 'short bus' full of Silver Coins from the Confederate Treasure (Big silver Mexican coins, etc)

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a Discovery show where they were showing a firetruck factory. Made a claim the CNC laser could cut with 1 millionth of an inch accuracy.
Total BS. I used to work for the CNC mfg. Had an accuracy of ~ +/-.004" per meter.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bright side is , might sell more metal detectors with claims like that.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
It detects 10ft deep once you have removed the first 9ft of soil.
and then only if the target was a Greyhound bus parked over a soda can, lying next to a bottlecap rubbing up against a zinc penney..

Last edited:
OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and then only if the target was a Greyhound bus parked over a soda can, lying next to a bottlecap rubbing up against a zinc penney..

Hilarious!

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there using Fisher metal detectors, my guess since Diggers use Garret, Fisher is trying to up the sales numbers....

CaptjimUP

Oct 17, 2015
Chassell, MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought i saw him with a Teknetics hat on in one of the episodes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SoCalDesertFox

Nov 27, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
First Texas Search Master DX-3500 (1981)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, you could get 10 feet detection depth.

But not with anything any current metal detector company makes and not without a minimum half-meter coil, and MOST CERTAINLY not from the machine in that video no matter what coil you put on it. There's simply not enough gain from the NPNs and not enough voltage for field strength.

You'll only get that sort of performance with a custom-built unit done by someone that knows what they're doing.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya know, ya only have to find the top of the cache not the bottom. The 'barrels' they were referring too are approximately 46 inches tall, call it 4 feet, as typical barrels where made in the 1800's. If they where stacked on top of each other then one stack would be about 8 feet. If the top of that stack was 2 feet under the ground then the hole would have been 10 feet deep. I personally don't believe the horde was ever hid in the areas they looked. I believe Davis would have entrusted the money to the people he trusted to guard his life at the time. The money went west to Tennessee.

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't watch the video but from the comments I am assuming it's a scam -----THAT SAID > You can build a metal detector for deep objects (12 -25 feet or even more if designed so) - and yes you are only looking for large objects. Basically it is carried horizontally and the handle is in the middle with a receiver on one end and variable transmitter on the other. Bring a backhoe! Deep Gold veins or junk cars an ancient meteorite? Different type of hunting for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread