Metal probe

wolfhnd

Feb 26, 2005
Is it possible to build a metal probe that is also a detector. The detecting probes I have seen don't look sturdy enough to penetrate much ground and damage caused by non detecting probes could be a problem. I'm mainly interested in limiting the damage I do to yards and fields.

J

Jim Cal

Wolfhnd, I am not sure what kind of probe you are talking about. The White's Bullseye probe I use is for scanning the dirt once I dig a hole to help pinpoint the find, either in the dirt that was removed from the hole, or to scan inside the hole to more accurately locate the target. I don't know of an inexpensive electronic probe that can be inserted in the ground before digging although there are several brass rod type probes that let you pinpoint the target by feel. Jim Cal

OP
OP
wolfhnd

wolfhnd

Feb 26, 2005
Perhaps a forked probe would work. don't know for sure what I'm talking about :-)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they make one its call the "gold spear"its made by a guy in the netherlands a little pricey but it has a tungsten stainless tip check it on the web or check some old back issues of the gold prospecters mag
in the classifieds ads,hope this is some help?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I believe the "Golden Spear" was made to check out cracks in rocks and was supposed to sound off if there was gold in the crevice. I also seem to remember that it was an all metal type of probe thus no discrimination.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the clear up on that been a while since id read it.thankx stoney!

OP
OP
wolfhnd

wolfhnd

Feb 26, 2005
Thanks guys! I have an old metal detector that doesn't work very well. I used it to find arrows when I shot my bow a lot. I'm thinking of what I could do with it and the spear idea apeals to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread