Garrett Sea Hunter Mark li land and sea

vaprospectorhaas

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was wondering if this is a good one to get I'll be doing land metal detecting as well as beach and under water not to deep in the water but yet just to start in beach and surf metal detecting and land metal detecting the one I'm seeing is on sale for about $640.00 and is retailed at $750.00 should I buy this one or save up for another ??? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464590702.182594.jpg

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a link reviewing this detector. Of serious note, this is a Pulse Induction model - no discrimination. You'll dig a whole lot of trash. If you're new to metal detecting you'd probably be better off with a VLF machine where you can discriminate out a whole lot of trash.

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II Metal Detector Reviews

OP
OP
V

vaprospectorhaas

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much appreciated but I found a metal detector on a local selling app and have decided on it it's a tes teknetics and comes with pin pointer it's at $325 which I did some searching online and most teknetics were going for $400-500 dollars ...

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much appreciated but I found a metal detector on a local selling app and have decided on it it's a tes teknetics and comes with pin pointer it's at $325 which I did some searching online and most teknetics were going for $400-500 dollars ...

Which Teknetics?

If you want to hunt on the beach I hope you didn't go too low in your budget.

OP
OP
V

vaprospectorhaas

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's more for land hunting I'm going to start land hunting first and once I gain more skill for detecting on land i'm going to work up for a garret sea hunter The one I'm getting retails at $540 or so and I'm getting it for a big of $325!

OP
OP
V

vaprospectorhaas

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I'm getting will work in dry Sand as well probably but I hope in the future to be an owner of a sea worthy detector!! My hope is to find some old gold and silver jewelry and old coins I have a public park I'm hoping people have dropped coins on the wooded trail and in the sand pit and it's a Technetics I'm not sure which one but it has an 8 inch coil I think I saw one of resemblance for in the $200+ range but with the shipping Ect., costed about $325 anyways .. I'd rather do a local pick up rather then waiting a week to receive my detector but I don't get paid till June 1st but can't wait !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread