Can someone help...Garret Ace 250

Spoodge

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett ace 250 is acting wonky, every time I use it lately it is just reading a nickel 6 inches down for every hit. Tried changing the sensitivity with no luck. Replaced the batteries with no luck. Is there a way to "reset" it or should I give up and call Garett. I am new to detecting and only used this machine like 5 times, had no issues on any of those hunts. I could sure use advice from the pros in this forum. Thanx a ton!!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread: My first experience calling Garrett for Warranty Work - Positive! Give it a try

OP
OP
S

Spoodge

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Garrett and they talked me through a "factory reset" with no luck. They told me to send it back they will replace or fix it. They are aces for customer service.

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Garrett and they talked me through a "factory reset" with no luck. They told me to send it back they will replace or fix it. They are aces for customer service.

Did you get this resolved?

OP
OP
S

Spoodge

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent it to them after two weeks they got it returned to me but upon trial it's still doing the same thing. I'm gonna call them again. I still haven't lost faith in customer service. I sure I'm using it correct as I have used it before with now issues.

OP
OP
S

Spoodge

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried it again this morning and WTF???Now it appears to be working again. Not sure why or what??? But it works so I'm happy again. Paperwork that came back with it said it was recalibrated. I didn't believe it at first with the way it was returned to me but hell I'll take it. Way to go Garrett!! Repair Didn't cost me a dime. I will for sure look at their product when I'm ready to
upgrade!! Customer service is aces!!!! (See what I did there?) lol !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions