tesoro-whites

findit

Jul 1, 2007
Has anybody compared these two.I know the mxt has tid and a couple other
extras, but has anybody compared depth .They both have same frequency
and about the same size coil, but would like to know how they compare
using them for coin, jewelry, and relic on dry land.And has anyone compared the tesoros vs whites in general or even tesoro vs minelab.If
say you had a tesoro and you wanted to get a second machine that was just as good or better and under $1000.00 which one? Another tesoro or
whites or minelab?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
findit,

It's not how deep your machine goes,
it's how you use it. ;)

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

fatheadnc

Jun 11, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-5,Delta 4000,Garrett CX-III
Well here is my two cents. ;D ;D I have both and the Tesoro Bandido II is deeper in disc and all metal by 2in. in disc and about 3in. in all metal. That being said the Whites with target id. helps save digging time because the VDI numbers are pretty darn accurate on what a valuable is like a coin etc... So both detectors are great but Tesoro is deeper in this case, Whites is better discriminator. But Fisher is deeper than both but worse at discrimination, and Minelabs are comparable to Fishers but White's recovers much faster between sweeps than Minelabs.

rcawdor57

Jul 17, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Cortes, Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Explorer SE
:D I have a Tesoro Cortes and a Minelab SovGT and here is what I have seen so far: The Cortes is very light and very deep and if you know how to use the Target ID it is very, very accurate. The Cortes will also pinpoint to the size of a dime and prevent you from digging huge holes to recover the loot. The Cortes has a very good discriminator and is very easy to use but you have to set the discriminator and notch (if you use them) perfectly or you will miss dimes and nickels and those small gold rings. As for depth I think the Cortes and the SovGT have about the same depth detection and when testing them on a dime in wet sand they both detected it at 12 inches with ease. The SovGT doesn't have Target ID but you can add it if you want later on or you can learn the different sounds it makes when detecting goodies. My wife uses the Cortes now and it is HER machine and I use the SovGT. The SovGT is very difficult to pinpoint with due to the coil design (even in pinpoint mode) but it will detect EVERYTHING. LOL. I use the Iron Mask all the time and that is basically the sole reason I bought the SovGT. Iron Mask is amazing! Switch on Iron Mask and sweep the coil over a rusty nail and you hear nothing. Drop a coin or jewelry next to it or under it and try it again and you pick up the coin or jewelry. I am amazed at the Iron Mask mode on the detector. On the beaches here in Wisconsin they are littered with thousands of pieces of rusty iron. The Cortes hits em all and I got tired of digging trash where as the SovGT skips the majority of iron and hits on the goodies. Tesoro has a lifetime warranty and is family owned. Can't beat that! Minelab is a huge company with lots of money for R&D but the max detector warranty is four years and you pay for the extra two years when you buy the detector. So.....do your research and decide what you want. My two cents is any good metal detector company is worthy of our hard earned dollars except for Fischer. I have heard too many horror stories about Fischer and won't spend my money on their products. Have fun detecting! ;D

Willy

If you'll be hunting in tough ground (heavy and/or variable mineralization), then the MXT is the way to go. Fast ground tracking, unlike the Tesoros (save the LST), and more sensitive than the Minelabs (except for the Xterra series). Speaking of the XTerras, you might want to take a serious look at the XT 70. It will give the MXT a run for it's money when it comes to sensitivity and will basically beat the pants off it re. coin/ring/relic hunting features. ..Willy.

T

Tall-paul

tesoros go deep and the vaquero and cibola are fast competition machines very sensitive, also the xterra 50 & 70.

H/H Tallpaul. :)

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
findit,

It's not how deep your machine goes,
it's how you use it. ;)

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Its both....Beleive me if ya only go down an inch, even if your good you wont do much...kinda like sex.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread