F-70 damaged in production

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My F-70. Has treated me good since I've had, but my last trip was cut short because my detector was going whacky. I found the housing was a little loose where the 2 bolts hold it to the rail so thought maybe a wire came loose inside.
Upon opening the casing I spotted this right away...
The green wire was sandwiched between the 2 pieces of housing and tightened down like that pinching it and breaking the casing in a couple spots which were rubbing against the screw. I like my f70 , this isnt a bash post, but for an over $600 machine...wtf.

Attachments

• 1470075346807.jpg
    1470075346807.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 126
  • 1470075399106.jpg
    1470075399106.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 131

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you be careful, if you work on it, you could end up voiding the warranty.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Email the photos to Fisher and ask them if it would be ok if you wrap a piece of electrical tape on the broken insulation and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then there would be more problems than just the wire.

On the other hand, many manufacturers (of ALL things) will say the warranty is void if the customer opens ANYTHING on their own. So even letting them know that you opened it already could void your warranty.

Choose wisely.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had good customer support with First Texas. They like to throw freebies in the box when you get it back too. But would not of opened it up. I'd send it in and see what they can do. It is hard to give em up for repair, but I have had my F75 in for a tune up and a upgrade and was very happy when i got it back.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just didn't want to wait 6 months to get it back, its nothing a little soldering and shrink tubing won't fix. I probably did void the warranty, but I would have never found what I did. I made this post because before choosing this detector I read a lot of reviews and whatnot and some complaints were of the machine being noisy and erratic so they scrap the fisher brand and go with something else( I know its a very sensitive machine and people run it too hot).

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miss my old detector

I just didn't want to wait 6 months to get it back, its nothing a little soldering and shrink tubing won't fix. I probably did void the warranty, but I would have never found what I did. I made this post because before choosing this detector I read a lot of reviews and whatnot and some complaints were of the machine being noisy and erratic so they scrap the fisher brand and go with something else( I know its a very sensitive machine and people run it too hot).

But I can post a video of it not making noise now. Just as sensitive. Lot more stable. Just didnt want folks turned off by a very capable detector.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my F-70 and will continue to use it. I never had any sound/interference issues up to this point of my detector freaking out. Glad I opened it up to see it was a human error (unfortunately) and not a device error. Good machine, just a bit of disappointment considering I bought it in November :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread