Hows this for a find! UPDATED! Found a straight rod too!

D

Darod

How's this for a find! UPDATED! Found a straight rod too!

Hi everyone,

If you have already read this post and downloaded or printed the tutorial I have made, please go back and take another look at it! I have made some important changes/additions to the steps.

I have spent quite a bit of time on this one for everyone here to benefit!
If your thinking of hip mounting your Excalibur 800 or 1000 then you need to go to this link I have created!

finishedsml.jpg

The design could easily be modified for other makes and models.

Here is a link to the web page I created showing step by step directions on constructing your very own hip mount:

www.allstateairandheat.com/treasurenet/userimages/darod/excalhpmnt.htm

Rod

M

minelabex1000

Re: How's this for a find!

Thanks much Rod.

Just what I needed. 8)

M

minelabex1000

I've heard the hipmount setup for the Excalibur is hard on the cable connection.

Have you read anything on this?

OP
OP
D

Darod

Hip mounts are hard on any detectors cables IF you don't act responsibly. In other words, if your gentle with our detector and leave plenty of slack on the cable you should be fine.

Personally, I have used many Fisher units with the belt mount and have never ever had a problem with cables shorting, etc.

It's all in how you take care of your equipment. If you dog it, you'll break it.

Rod

OP
OP
D

Darod

Re: How's this for a find! UPDATED!

come and get it everyone :)

Rod

T

tank

NICE JOB ROD!! WHAT KIND OF SHOES ARE THOSE? ;D

OP
OP
D

Darod

Hey, be nice ;D

I work in a computer room for the Government. High security area, have to "dress up" everyday,.....it sucks.

By the way,.......what's wrong with my shoes? :) They're real comfy,...not too cool but hey,.. I like 'um and they work.

:)

Rod

OP
OP
D

Darod

Good morning everyone :)

The page has been updated once again as of this morning: 3/16/05

Take a look. By the way, you can click on any photo within the page to download a larger, more detailed image.

Thanks to everyone that has donated a few bucks to me for my efforts and time spent working this for everyone. I appreciate the gesture of kindness.

Rod

M

minelabex1000

Hi Rod, I haven't looked at your update yet but I would maybe recommend those plastic slip-over sleeves to cover the ends of the bolts.

Also, not all of us like to use paypal, is there another way we can get a donation to you? Maybe a private message with a mailing address?

OP
OP
D

Darod

Absolutely, I will email my address to whomever requests it. I'll send it out to whomever would like to mail me something.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Funny you mentioned those plastic covers for the bolt ends. I was thinking of exactly that idea just this morning. It would be very easy to purchase some of those from Home Depot. They are the small white caps that are used on the white metal shelving racks. Here is an image of what I'm talking about, and your suggesting, I think:

endcaps.jpg

Rod

OP
OP
D

Darod

Ok,

I've added the details concerning the small plastic protective bolt covers. You should view/print the newest version of the instructions at this time.

Just updated: 3-16-2005 2:16PM

Rod

OP
OP
D

Darod

I would like to thank you Floater for making a donation. I appreciate your good character and generosity Floater. I hope you get plenty of use out of your hip mount :)

Thanks buddy ;)

Rod

F

Floater

Hey Least I could do . After getting me the Great Deal @ Kellyco and helping me with a few picks on some other stuff I probably owe ya more. Your Welcome though and Now I just need to get out and go find some stuff. I scoped out a house Demo today and am going to see who the GC is to try and go do a little diggin this weekend They just bulldozed the house so I 'm hoping he scrapes it clean and takes about 4 inches of soil w/it. This should give me a nice clear shot for whatever is there. The place was built in 1949 so not that old but could still yield a few goodies . Hell I'd take anything just to know the detector works LOL Later HH

OP
OP
D

Darod

1949,...there could be some nice silver there. IF you do get a chance to hunt it, take your time and be very thorough. THere are hot spots you should concentrate on first. For example, the area from the mailbox to the front door, the front walk way, the area where they parked and walked to the front door (when people reach into their pockets and pull out their keys sometimes they pull out change along with the keys and drop it unknowingly,...makes sense right), under where the windows used to be (if you can remember those spots), front or rear porch areas also. That should get ya started with some quick finds if there is anything.

Good luck and call me or post here if you find anything at all! I'm sure you will find stuff. ;)

Rod

M

minelabex1000

Man, we like got 6 inches of snow today. And this is on top of the 16 inches we already had!

OP
OP
D

Darod

Jeez!

I feel guilty over here :-[

It was 82 today and sunny. It was probably about 88 down Floater's way.

I haven't even seen snow since I was 15. :D ;D I'm 40 now! It's been a while ;)

Stay warm buddy!

Have you started making your hip mount setup yet?
Rod

M

minelabex1000

I haven't made one yet. I haven't made up my mind yet. I hunt in and out of the water so much I'm just trying to figure what's best.

OP
OP
D

Darod

Ok Minelab users! If you like that hip mount design, wait until you get a hold of my new Straight pole design!

I'll be working on it tonight,...the web page that is :)

I've made it already and it's awsome! Cost around $20 in material to construct it! I LIKE THAT ;D

I'll let everyone know when the page is ready for viewing.

Rod

OP
OP
D

Darod

Re: How's this for a find! UPDATED! Found a straight rod too!

I will be working on the straight rod web page today. I will let everyone know when it is ready for viewing by posting to this topic.

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread