Batteries

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Trooper531,

I use RnB Li-ion batteries for my Garrett, Minelab and Whites. The batteries are a bit pricey, but they do perform excellent!

Regards,

Doc

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Although i respect each persons choices for me I had nothing but BAD luck with Rechargeables. Never again. I lost out on several good hunts over this issue. For me it is the DuraCell Battery anytime. This way I "know" I did not forget to charge them up, they burned out, built up a "memory" problem etc etc. That when i'm out in the Field where it really matters I "know' I can count on a steady, ready supply of fresh batteries. If you wish to continue to use the Rechargeables then so be it.I think the HoverBoards proved it best for me IMO ok. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It all depends on your personal preference and detecting habits. Just like detectors, there is no one does it all battery.
There are pros and cons for each manufacturer, cell size, capacity, environment (especially temperature) detector requirements, personal experience, etc.
Since 1982 I have used just about every cell/battery that came along. Today I have 11 detectors and use a variety of power sources.
In my Excals I have run one on the RNB Innovations EX-3000, the other MAXXPACK replacement battery and for a back up an old SunRay pod rebuilt by Interstate Battery. My ATPro runs on the RNB Innovations Power Plus with Duracell NiMH AA spare. A couple of my Whites detectors are still running the the White's supplied rechargeable power pack with one power pack being rebuilt by Interstate Battery. My Whites SurfMaster Plus runs on either Tenergy NiMH or a set of Alkaline My ATX and Infinium both are powered by either Duracell or Tenergy NiMH. My 9V and C-cell detectors all run on Panasonic Alkaline. The Tenergy NiMH are rated at 2200 and the Duracells are rated at 2500mAh. The RNB Innovations are all Li-Ion (Li-PO) cells.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invest in a "Smart Charger" and a set of high capacity rechargeable batteries like PowerEX 2700 AAs
If you don't like them in your MD use them anywhere you currently use AAs. I hardly ever use disposables anymore, once you get comfy rechargeable, you will have sufficient number of them that you always have fully charged cells in the draw to replace the ones that need to be charge.. Stop bleeding money in disposable batteries the current technology is not the same as it was some years ago.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2450 mAh rechargeable batteries in all my metal detectors. Part number is BK-3HCC Ni-MH. I charge them with my MAHA Powerex MH-C801D eight cell battery charger. I have been using various rechargeable batteries for years. Previously Duracell 2650 mAh batteries. The Panasonic Eneloops Pros hold there charge well and run a long time. I've dug too many throw away batteries to want to add to the pile that's being disposed of daily. I believe if you invest in a quality battery charging station like the MAHA Powerex and quality batteries such as Panasonic Eneloop Pros you will be quite pleased with your results. I usually keep three or more sets of rechargeable AA batteries on hand as well as Duracell Coppertops so I never run out of juice in the field. I am always loaning out batteries to my friends it seems. I guess I learned how to be a good scout and be prepared. I hope this helps. Peace.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Although i respect each persons choices for me I had nothing but BAD luck with Rechargeables. Never again. I lost out on several good hunts over this issue. For me it is the DuraCell Battery anytime. This way I "know" I did not forget to charge them up, they burned out, built up a "memory" problem etc etc. That when i'm out in the Field where it really matters I "know' I can count on a steady, ready supply of fresh batteries. If you wish to continue to use the Rechargeables then so be it.I think the HoverBoards proved it best for me IMO ok. PEACE:RONB

CAUTION ! I buy bulk Duracell from various vendors on line. Note that many of these"deals"are Chinese manufacturers as noted by the Chinese symbols. Duracell has done themselves a disservice and garnered poor customer satisfaction with these cells. With two cells side by side, the build quality can be seen. Every "brick" I purchase has one Failed cell and these China cells have been failing or Leaking well before the "best used by" dates. I have learned not to rely on the cells for emergency lighting and communication.
...Mark.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2450 mAh rechargeable batteries in all my metal detectors. Part number is BK-3HCC Ni-MH. I charge them with my MAHA Powerex MH-C801D eight cell battery charger. I have been using various rechargeable batteries for years. Previously Duracell 2650 mAh batteries. The Panasonic Eneloops Pros hold there charge well and run a long time. I've dug too many throw away batteries to want to add to the pile that's being disposed of daily. I believe if you invest in a quality battery charging station like the MAHA Powerex and quality batteries such as Panasonic Eneloop Pros you will be quite pleased with your results. I usually keep three or more sets of rechargeable AA batteries on hand as well as Duracell Coppertops so I never run out of juice in the field. I am always loaning out batteries to my friends it seems. I guess I learned how to be a good scout and be prepared. I hope this helps. Peace.

Eneloops cells have the longest charged shelf life I've used so far. Like ALL rechargeables, the stated Ma.hr. rating is "at best".
The Eneloop is most likely the best cell available to the average Joe in commonality and chargers available.
...Mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread