ACE 250 and Coils

Fluid_Thought

May 29, 2005
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 w/ Crossfire II 8.5" Coil
Hi all, I wasn't sure where to place this question so I thought the tech are would be a good star. I recently moved up form the TA200 (Garrett) to the Ace 250. Now on the old detector the coil is a cross fire II 8.5" I'm curious if this coil would work on the Ace 250? If so would it help because of it's larger size? I'm planning to take this mix out tomorrow and give it a run down but thought I would ask to see if anyone else has tried this.

Thanks

OP
OP
Fluid_Thought

Fluid_Thought

May 29, 2005
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 w/ Crossfire II 8.5" Coil
OK, I used the Crossfire II coil (8.5") with the ACE 250 today. I will say that I was able to see deeper. In fact I ended up dropping in sensitivity to the second notch and did quite well. Pin pointing wasn't perfect but it was alright. I'll probably keep this configuration for a bit so I can get the feel in different terrain but I can't say this test was a failure. In all today (an hour and a half or so) I found 3 dimes, 2 pennies and a gas cap (about 7 inches down).

To put it in nut shell the Crossfire II is a bit better than the stock coil but I feel it's due to size not necessarily the crossfire itself. The detector seemed to have a better response on coins too. This is something I'll have to test in different conditions and the like though.

At any rate, I thought I'd share. I welcome and comments or the like.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I wondered the same thing a year ago. I talked to a man that was using his round coils on the 250. He said they worked great but the ID was off a notch or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread