Enough with the single frequency vlf machines.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Enough with the single frequency vlf machines.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jason Robito "New England" The oldest coins in the USA. Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

Oct 2010
    MA
    I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
    38 times
    Metal Detecting

Enough with the single frequency vlf machines.

Let me say up front that I am an analog fan. I hit the wet salt for gold and a once in a blue moon a reale. I also relic and coin hunt inland just as often. I have had great and continued success with my Sovereign GT. I think it is unfortunate that one company has multiple models that are multifrequency while the others are lagging. Does Minelab have a broad raving patent on multifrequency?
    I think VLF has peaked. We are in the midst of new detector reveals. The IMPACT looks good but only single frequency at one time. I think many of us thought by advertising that the IMPACT would be multi frequncy.
    I hope that we will get a new multifrequency on the market soon.

HH
    Jason

us
    Nov 2013
    Philadelphia PA
    DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
    555 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I am using a mutli frequency machine, been discontinued for years! Replace by the V3i.. There is nothing new in MD technology.. same old stuff, new faster processors, new data presentations.. but same old same means of detection..
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    695 times
    New platforms will appear. They will be RF - transmit/recieve devices. They will utilize more than one frequency at a time. They will process signals in ways not done before. They will require fewer controls. They will provide new modes of operator feedback.

I'll set my calendar alert for 1 January 2019 and check if my predictions were correct.
    4x4x4, Slingshot and Timecop67 like this.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    795 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JASONSPAZ1 View Post
    Does Minelab have a broad raving patent on multifrequency?
    That was my exact thinking. And probably why they charge so much for their machines. Any patent on single frequency tech has probably gone public a long time ago.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9168 times
    Analog fan?! There hasn't been an analog detector made since the early 1980s. Everything switched over to digital processing long ago.
    gunsil likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    795 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    He's probably talking about using knobs or basic buttons on the head unit instead of "programs" that the new machines have.

us
    Jason Robito "New England" The oldest coins in the USA. Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

Oct 2010
    MA
    38 times
    Metal Detecting
    You hit the nail on the head GoldFleks.

us

Oct 2010
    MA
    38 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Analog fan?! There hasn't been an analog detector made since the early 1980s. Everything switched over to digital processing long ago.
    I am not a fan of navigating menus within menus in order to change a sensitivity or disc control.
    The Sovereign GT utilizes a microprocessor and digital filtration for excellent auto ground balancing with tracking.
    The Sovereign was probably the last of the hybrid analog and digital component land detectors and I am not counting the X-Terra series with vflex tech. B
    BS technology is what the Excalibur and Sovereign series uses.
    The reason I am an analog detector tech fan, is that I feel analog target responses have better target id "audio bending" than a pre programed digital target response.
    Just my opinion.
    Take Care
    HH
    Jason
    Last edited by JASONSPAZ1; Mar 11, 2017 at 11:57 AM.
    RustyGold and DeepseekerADS like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    19929 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    You're right Jason. I've the CTX and frankly it really is just too much. I love swinging it. But it is just so much simpler to swing a machine without a screen and all those complicated settings. Multi-Frequency is the way to go, so much richer in the sounds for a real idea of what is there, the wholeness of the signal, like with the Excal. I've never even seen a Sovereign, but it's the same technology. So I definitely agree.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us

Oct 2010
    MA
    38 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    You're right Jason. I've the CTX and frankly it really is just too much. I love swinging it. But it is just so much simpler to swing a machine without a screen and all those complicated settings. Multi-Frequency is the way to go, so much richer in the sounds for a real idea of what is there, the wholeness of the signal, like with the Excal. I've never even seen a Sovereign, but it's the same technology. So I definitely agree.
    Yes sir.
    We are on the same page.

HH
    Jason

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9716 times
    I had two CTX detectors and never really enjoyed them as much as my Sovereign GT, especially at the beach.
    The tones make it very clear what's under the coil.
    Please Minelab, come out with a waterproof Sovereign GT with an LCD and knobs. Lol!

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1270 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    The reasoning cited in this post are the precise reasons I love to swing my minelab safari.: multi frequency without
    Complex programs and settings. Just the initial and occasional noice cancel
    and pick a preset program, or one of 4 user modified ones. Nearly The sensitivity of an etrak or ctx but none of the complexity. The key is learning the tones and keeping it slow. Modestly priced as well.
    gunsil likes this.

us
    Mar 2017
    Southern California, outside of San Diego
    1233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    ...."Give Me Analog Or Give Me Death"
    3cylbill and A#1 like this.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3614 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    the garrett ground hog my father used in 1979 has 3 and 15 freq ... it was one at a time but still had 2 freq to choose from

us
    Aug 2016
    Middleburgh, NY
    Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    New platforms will appear. They will be RF - transmit/recieve devices. They will utilize more than one frequency at a time. They will process signals in ways not done before. They will require fewer controls. They will provide new modes of operator feedback.

I'll set my calendar alert for 1 January 2019 and check if my predictions were correct.
    And will these new platforms come out of a facility that rhymes with cursed exes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links