Whites bullseye pinpointer fix

steve m

Jan 3, 2007
Portland, OR.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites XL Pro, Compass x80, Garrett 1350
Well I fixed my bullseye pinpointer today. Switch went out.
When I e mailed whites about it they did'nt even e mail me back.
So I went down to radio shack and bought a heavy duty momentary switch. Opened up the pinpointer and cut out the old switch. Left the 2 contact tabs so I could solder a couple of wires to it. Opened up the hole a little more. Pulled the rubber button out. Put the switch in a washer that fit in the rubber button slot. So when you bolt it back together in sandwitches it the 2 halves. Soldered wires to it put it back together. Presto, good pinpointer again. Hopefully will last a lot longer than it did before. Here's a picture of the final product.
Steve///
268595521.jpg

Tried it out tonight on a hunt. Works great!

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Hey Steve nice job on that repair and getting the PP working again. What was the cost for you to fix it? I know that stupid button has been causing you alot of troubles on the hunts lately. Looks like you came up with a great solution and it really looks nice.

OP
OP
steve m

steve m

Jan 3, 2007
Portland, OR.
Detector(s) used
tinkb said:
Hey Steve nice job on that repair and getting the PP working again. What was the cost for you to fix it? I know that stupid button has been causing you alot of troubles on the hunts lately. Looks like you came up with a great solution and it really looks nice.

Hey Terry! Cost was around 3 dollars in parts and my time.

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is the switch p/n?

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve...nice job on the repair!!! What did you use for an e-mail address for White's? I've e-mailed them and have ALWAYS gotten a response from them and have had them send me replacement parts free of charge and have been VERY impressed with their service, which is why I am kinda surprised you never heard back from them.

Try this for an [email protected] Marshall is one of their reps and I;ve had nothing but fantastic dealings anytime I've had to contact White's.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Sorry about the dirt. My fix has been good for 1 1/2 years now. It works great. Rob

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 570
OP
OP
steve m

steve m

Jan 3, 2007
Portland, OR.
Detector(s) used
Well whites finally got a hold of me on the pinpointer after I already fixed it. I did mail Todd. He said they were going to be putting in heavier switches. That will be nice.

Rob, looks like we used the same switch huh?

Don't remember the switch number. Radio shack just had a drawer full of different switches and I just picked the one I liked best. Just a 2 prong momentary switch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread