Need modification advice.Tech insight,please detector pole

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I love my Fisher cz70pro. However the situation I find myself in is this pole is not going to work for me. On my next trip I will be in an situation where I will be several hundred feet up on the side of a mountain.

I have figured out the control box. What I need is for the coil to be no longer than 6 inches from my hand.I will need to strap the shortened pole to my arm. The closer the coil is to my hand,the safer I will be.

Is my hand being next to the coil and close to the control box going to effect performance in my unit. If so what can I do to correct this? I cannot duplicate the geology of the area here.

Insights?

Ericwt

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
I would think not unless you have screws in your arm or hand bones. Or if you wear jewelry.
Check your clothing for any metal items ie buttons, snaps, eyelets, buckles etc. Don't overlook
your shoes as alot of shoes have metal arch supports and metal eyelets. How about eyeglasses.

HH

Dinkydick

F

Floater

Eric , If you are able to remove the controller from the shaft then i would hip mount it or chest mount it and then bring the coil on to a hand held Velcro strap to put around you hand or even attach it to a glove so you can just slip into it. The biggest obstacle is the cord and climbing. Lose wire and climbing don't go well together so You need to figure this out but should be to hard. If you are going up or down a steep incline i would also think the detector could be slung on its own line once your in position and then brought up or down as needed. Cliffs are notorious with snags but If you have worked the lines before you know what i Mean.good Luck and let us know what you made with some pics

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at that close, The control box would definately come onto play
Because when you move the coil Side to Side, unless you can do it in a very Rigid way, the Control Box will cross the Coils field.

Floater has the Right Idea Hip Mounting, But what I'd do is "Butt Mount" (not trying to be funny here), make shure the control box is mounted to the Back of your Belt.

Bulletboy

Feb 17, 2005
You may consider a wrist lanyard and maybe pouch worn like a backpack to carry the coil and short shaft, just to keep your hands free while you climb. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions