Metal detecting gps apps

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everybody, can anyone recommend an Android application for metal detecting that would help synchronising my path on a map, where i could eventually pinpoint manually on a map my finds locations, keep track of my hit spots, maybe also upload a picture for personal references etc..... something similar to this ?

OP
OP
cameleon222

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used this app but it looks promising. http://photosonandroid.org/

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
i will sure look that up.....i also found something in the android app store called: Tect O Trak, there's a free and paid version, very cheap, looks very promising, but unfortunately it rely on google maps wish i don't use. so the map is obsolete on my phone

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about one for iOS as well?

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
US Topo Maps is pretty good. There's a free version and a pro version. The pro is like $9.99, but I love it. There's a ton of different map layers to choose from, and you cam import and export. It also gives you access to the desktop version for planning considerations at home before heading out. I use that in combination with Google earth along with https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/viewer/#14/31.8091/-85.0241. When I use that website, I find the area I want, click the drop down menu, find the oldest map for that area, and then download the kml file. It will overlay it right on top of Google earth as a temporary place. I will be on Google earth, have the old map up, find a house, uncheck the box so the map disappears, and see If the house is there to present day. I'll continue that process. Also, you can take a snippet of the satellite view, and a snippet of the old map, put them into PowerPoint, and mess with the transparency so both maps can be viewed at one. Circle the areas that I want to check. So we have historical, topographical, modern, and imagery all in one area. Flip between this and your topo maps and it'll track for you and allow you to create waypoints and different folders...whew, I really hope that made sense lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread