Battery rebuilding

varmint

Jan 23, 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
The trouble might be getting the case apart without a myriad of cracks and such.

If you can get it apart then it should be a simple matter place cells in there but if they are hardwired as I suspect they are you might need to make accomodations for the contact areas like adding springs and flats for the new batteries to make contact with.

If all of that starts looking like a mess once you get the case open, I'd suggest finding a cheap supplier of the Minelab AA Alkaline holder and filling it with NiMH 2300 or 2500mAh cells. Never mind the lower voltage (9.6V) it works perfectly and my 2500mAh batteries outlast the factory 9.6V 1600mAh by another 1/3 plus.

DAS

OP
OP
pony

pony

Greenie
Feb 12, 2005
Lansing, MI
Thanks Varmint- You must have to remove the batteries to charge, huh? I guess thats why I was thinking of trying to rebuild - just plug in the Minelab charger. I've got rechargeable AA's from my digital camera, but they don't hold a charge worth a damn, especially the Eveready brand. I guess I don't have anything to lose. Gotta be similar to soldering sub c cells together for RC cars. I will post here if I'm successful...or if I'm not and fry my charger!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread