Waterproof sealed detectors on planes

Juanjo4747

Feb 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

New to the forum and about to purchase my first detector. I am currently looking at either the minelab equinox 600 or 800. A big worry i have is I plan on travelling on planes a lot with this.

How do I go about not damaging the waterproof seal when flying? Are there any pressure release valve?

Thanks

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Juanjo4747! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found the owner's manual. The ONLY reference to "aircraft" was a warning about the headset (Turn off your headphones prior to boarding an aircraft).

tn_metal_detector.gif
3rd - You might consider posting this on Forum > Metal Detecting Forum > Brands > Minelab for more exposure.
questions.gif
4th - You might consider jumping over to MineLab Contacts and sending an e-mail with your question (and sharing their answer with us).

OP
OP
J

Juanjo4747

Feb 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I contacted minelab as Well as another forum.

It turns out the control box has a gore? valve that stops there being any issues. So good news and off to buy one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread