May 29, 2019
Finland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone had any signal issues with the Z-Lynk system, especially with WT-1 + MS-3 set?
I'm having a signal loss issue with the set every now and then.

Like last night... I always recharge both; the WT-1 transmitter & the MS-3 headset before hunting. Last night, like after an hour of detecting began the signal issue.
On MS-3, when an object is under the AT Pro coil, it won't sound it properly. The sound on my MS-3 headset is like disrupted and sometimes you can't hear the sound at all.
But still at the same time, AT Pro indicates with ID figure that there is an object under the coil. Have tried everything to solve the problem. Rebooting AT Pro, turning the WT-1 transmitter and MS-3 headset
off and back on. Still the problem persists. Strangest thing is, that the fault does not occur every time I go detecting.

Now, I also have the Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk with the wireless feature, and it does the same - when the fault occurs, sometimes it plays the sound in MS-3 and sometimes it's silent with only the vibration mode engaged on the Pro-Pointer.

A bit sounds that the problem is more likely with the MS-3 headset...?

I hope there'd be a way to solve this problem without sending the set to Garrett.

Shanep

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone had any signal issues with the Z-Lynk system, especially with WT-1 + MS-3 set?
I'm having a signal loss issue with the set every now and then.

Like last night... I always recharge both; the WT-1 transmitter & the MS-3 headset before hunting. Last night, like after an hour of detecting began the signal issue.
On MS-3, when an object is under the AT Pro coil, it won't sound it properly. The sound on my MS-3 headset is like disrupted and sometimes you can't hear the sound at all.
But still at the same time, AT Pro indicates with ID figure that there is an object under the coil. Have tried everything to solve the problem. Rebooting AT Pro, turning the WT-1 transmitter and MS-3 headset
off and back on. Still the problem persists. Strangest thing is, that the fault does not occur every time I go detecting.

Now, I also have the Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk with the wireless feature, and it does the same - when the fault occurs, sometimes it plays the sound in MS-3 and sometimes it's silent with only the vibration mode engaged on the Pro-Pointer.

A bit sounds that the problem is more likely with the MS-3 headset...?

I hope there'd be a way to solve this problem without sending the set to Garrett.
Yeah facing the same here too. Some help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Shane

kokomoejoe

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Midlothian, va
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt and mxt pro
My zlynk carrot quit responding thru headphones, till I was informed to bring pp too headset, just like that, it paired.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my z-link for a few years and it recently started to do the same thing. But if I wiggle the connector cable it will work, sometimes. I cleaned both the connection in the WT-1 and cable with no success. I am sending mine back to Garrett for troubleshooting (I suspect that over time my WT-1 connector has gotten corroded or dorked up). Garrett advised me that they are in self isolation until 3 April so I will send it late next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread