IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I don't know if anyone can help. My AT Gold seems to have stop picking up anything but iron objects. I can put down a silver dollar on the ground, run my coil over it, and get no signal on it at all. As soon as I run it over a screw driver it reads it just fine. I've messed with the ground balance, the iron descrim, everything, and It doesn't seem to work. It's 5 years old, think the brain box just finally wore out?:icon_scratch::dontknow:Has anyone had this happen to them?

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try another coil, if the problem presists you'll need to send it to repair, it probably just need a retuning, but in my oppinion, you have a faulty coil (misplaced windings).

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My AT Gold had a similar problem, turned out to be a bad coil.

OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, thanks guys, I didn't think it was the coil because I have two, and they both do the same thing, but maybe they are both bad lol! I'll try and order a new coil, and try it out! Thanks again!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you do a reset and the connectors are clean new bats ect and GB in a good area also check frequency

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions