Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Guys and Gals,
I had an E-trac and wanted to go wireless. I researched a lot and found out if the kit has a brand name it means BIG money. I went to Amazon my favorite site and researched there for 4 - 5 star parts. I ordered headphones, a transmitter and a cable for $68. Today I tried it out and wow, it was great. I was told by Garrett and Minelabs you can't use blue tooth because there is a lag but that is not true. There was no lag at all. I know you can't post links but if you PM or email me I'll be glad to provide the links for the parts. This also works well on my T-2.

The transmitter is about 1" x 1" and I used Velcro to attach it to the arm rest and used a short cable to connect the 1/4 plug to the 1/8 plug in the transmitter. The headphones have volume control and auto connect so it was a breeze to set it up and use it. You could also use this setup for a Garrett but you would need the 4 pin to 1/4 or 18 adapter. All in all I was worried I wasted my money but it works well and half price of most kits. The headphones last 25 - 30 hrs on a charge and the transmitter lasts 15 - 20 and both come with a usb cable to charge.

Look below for the parts list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billieg

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't post the links, just give us the part numbers. That's not violating any rules.
Beav

MMNNE 3.5mm 1/8" Male to 6.35mm 1/4" Male TRS Stereo Audio Cable

Mpow H1 Bluetooth Headphones Over-Ear, Lightweight Wireless Headset

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency

All on Amazonn my favorite site!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, thanks for post.
This transmitter uses AptX Low Latency tech.
If paired with AptX Low Latency headphones, there is a 40ms delay.
Not enough lag for the average person to notice.
Same as Minelab wireless headphones.
Going to try this on my Sea Hunter for out of water detecting.

OP
OP
Billieg

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome. I love my setup. Works great and cheap. I've only had to charge mine twice after 6- 8 hunts. I haven't noticed any delays or cut out.

OP
OP
Billieg

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump for all you looking to go wireless....

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info, I have been searching for a trans/recv to convert my Tesoro's to BT using my v5.0 aptX headphones but wasn't quite sure of which unit to purchase, now I know. Most of the trans/recv have short battery life and I like to hunt for several hours at a time. Thanks again for the thread & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread