Video on TDI SL battery voltage effect on coils

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally got busy on testing the 7 1/2DF, and 8x6 Nugget Finder Sadie with both battery packs. Also compared the Miner John 8x12 to the factory 12"DF. Somehow I managed to cut off the early part of the MJ 8x12 demo, but it is a very sensitive coil for it's size. My choice after all this is the 7 1/2DF for small coil, and the MJ 8 x 12 for general prospecting with the TDI SL. The Sadie is very good, too, and I'd choose it if I was using the 12v battery pack.
Jim

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video Jim.
If I were searching on the beach for small gold jewelry instead of gold nuggets do you think the stock 12 inch coil would be better or the MJ 8X12?
Thank You for any advise.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL...I don't know squat about beach hunting, and I try hard not to give advice about things I know little, or nothing, about...Ha! I have a friend in Florida who does very well with a Miner John 8 x 14 coil on his TDI SL, however.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread