Scottdavid

Aug 27, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Using my Deus XP elliptical coil on Basic search 1 mode no modifications on 14.4 freq when all of a sudden it starts constantly giving me 26 tones/signals when it was quiet before. No matter where I swing. Turned off and on - not around metal. Brought to a different area, turned off and on. Still the constant chatter - and on any of the presets! Has anyone found this issue before?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Any sand or debris between the coil and coil cover? That could lead to a constant chatter. Does the coil need recharging?
Does it help to do a factory reset?

OP
OP
S

Scottdavid

Aug 27, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I cleaned the coil and recharged it, it was better. Also it seemed to start up when I was around a lot of power lines. Can EMF throw it off in a consistent way?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
After I cleaned the coil and recharged it, it was better. Also it seemed to start up when I was around a lot of power lines. Can EMF throw it off in a consistent way?

Yes. Keep the coil clean and charge every device before searching for hidden treasure.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strong EMI can make it chatter. I generally have no problems around power lines. Around a big transformer no machine will work! I only ran into that once in a city. Transformer was as big as a small car.

OP
OP
S

Scottdavid

Aug 27, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey, I’m really thinking that’s what it was - with a clean and fully charged coil when I went back to that spot - power lines hanging about a foot over my head while searching - the chatter of 20s started again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread