NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently acquired a big part of Reg Sniff's collection of vintage detectors and parts. As part of the deal I got a tub of his home made coils. Probably around 20 of them, I haven't counted.... I can't sell them because I don't know what machines they were intended for, or even if they work. I don't have space to keep them, and I don't want to just throw them out so I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in having them. I'm not trying to get anything out of them, just cover the cost of shipping

DSCN0063.JPG

MadJack

Sep 13, 2004
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440 & 540,Explorer II,SE Pro,Whites Eagle II SL 90,Wilson R & C II,Millennium Baron and Compass 77 auto legend project
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine most,if not all of these are for pulse metal detectors. Reg was noted for his knowledge of pulse units.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You maybe able to tell by the connector used. It could be worth you time to sort them out...... if these were for the TDIs.

Woodchiphustler

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
To many to list.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken,
How much to ship them to area code 23102 either fedex or ups ground. Reg was a friend. Thanks

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me thinks they’d all look pretty sweet in a detecting cave

Melbeta

May 10, 2010
If you have not found a home for them, I am in Colo Spgs, am older, used to know Reg, he passed away, he was a former metal detector dealer in Pueblo, I was a former metal detector dealer in Colo Spgs. Reg had a love for Pulse units, and some of them look like DD coils, one looks like a Figure 8 coil similiar to what Jack Roach used to build. Me I am a Compass man, Bounty Hunter man, Teknetics man, Whites man, so on and so forth. I prefer the older machines, not crazy over the newer programmed microprocessor detectors, but I am pretty knowledgable on stuff. So if you are up this way, I could meet you in town (Colo Spgs), am older, do not drive down to Pueblo anymore, I knew Charles Garrett, Ken White Sr, George Payne, Ron Mack (In person), Ray Smith, others by phone of course, not in person, knew one in person, but is deceased now. Am Melbeta, known pretty well out there from the past. I got quite a few machine, might be able to check some of the coils, could trade you some schematics of machines if I have them. Melbeta

Melbeta

May 10, 2010
You did not happen to know Joe Clark from New Orleans area did you? He knows me pretty well. I used to know a lot of attorneys here in Colo Spgs, I was a Real Estate broker, ran my own office, but the attorneys most of them are deceased now...
Melbeta

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have not found a home for them, I am in Colo Spgs, am older, used to know Reg, he passed away, he was a former metal detector dealer in Pueblo, I was a former metal detector dealer in Colo Spgs. Reg had a love for Pulse units, and some of them look like DD coils, one looks like a Figure 8 coil similiar to what Jack Roach used to build. Me I am a Compass man, Bounty Hunter man, Teknetics man, Whites man, so on and so forth. I prefer the older machines, not crazy over the newer programmed microprocessor detectors, but I am pretty knowledgable on stuff. So if you are up this way, I could meet you in town (Colo Spgs), am older, do not drive down to Pueblo anymore, I knew Charles Garrett, Ken White Sr, George Payne, Ron Mack (In person), Ray Smith, others by phone of course, not in person, knew one in person, but is deceased now. Am Melbeta, known pretty well out there from the past. I got quite a few machine, might be able to check some of the coils, could trade you some schematics of machines if I have them. Melbeta

They went off to a new home already. I would definitely be interested in any schematics you might have as well as parts or old non working machines.... I've been working through a pile of machines I got from Reg's daughter trying to fix what I can. It's been fun working on them and I'd definitely be happy to have more to fix

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried putting a little chili on them?Sorry man,couldn,t help myself.I,ve been on the gun and sword post thing trying to get some blood from a turnip with no luck and needed a little comic relief.Hope you,re not offended.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions