Jun 9, 2021
Oceanside CA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks;
I'm new here but not new to detecting. Been swinging since 1976. Now swinging Equinox and love my "old" Excalibur 2. But, the Excal coil wires have finally given up so I would like to install a NEL Super Fly on it. The NEL coils have waterproof connectors of course but I will either hard wire it or buy and install the necessary connector into the end cap. Wondering if anybody has done this and what you recommend. I have never opened up the Excal so I don't know if they will be compatible with any of the NEL coils. Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi folks;
I'm new here but not new to detecting. Been swinging since 1976. Now swinging Equinox and love my "old" Excalibur 2. But, the Excal coil wires have finally given up so I would like to install a NEL Super Fly on it. The NEL coils have waterproof connectors of course but I will either hard wire it or buy and install the necessary connector into the end cap. Wondering if anybody has done this and what you recommend. I have never opened up the Excal so I don't know if they will be compatible with any of the NEL coils. Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.
How do you like the Superfly coil on your Excalibur?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread