Suggestions on new detector.

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
Well I upgraded the ole ACE 250 and have a detector now that I think is going to work for me until I talk the wife into another upgrade. I now have a Tesoro Eldorado and let me just say after just my first day it has more than enough power for me (right now at least). The thing I ran into yesterday was that it beeps almost constantly unless I have the disc set to max. I realize that this is a problem many people wish they had but I really don't want to dig all those nails and things. As it is I dug around 200 various nails ,bolts and screws yesterday. What I finally ended up doing was setting the disc to the highest level until I got a signal and then lowering it to pinpoint. I do however find that I am missing tons of targets by doing this, as my partner was getting good signals behind me while I was digging nails. This is my first machine with manual ground balance and I followed the directions from the manual to the best of my abilities but am wondering if this might be part of my problem. Anyway I would appreciate and insight on this detector or my problems.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
if you dont mind,as you gain confidance on the tesora, can you check back and describe in detail some of the major differences between the ace and the elderado? i would be real interested to hear what you found. thanks!

OP
OP
Orygun

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
I watched the video and am ground balancing correctly, but I am still having the same problem, unless the disc is set to max I get almost constat tones. It is the same in all metal where the tone increases when over a signal. Anyone have any insight to this trouble?

F

Floater

Orygun I dont have your machine but what it sounds like to me is you either have the settings or sesitivity way to high or you have not figured out the discrimination. You should be able to get rid of all ferrous signals and only get a slight beep or no sound and then a return to a normal tone which you the n adjust the volume to hear it as low as possible so that when you hit a target you will know its good. Also have you set up a coin and relic garden yet so you know exactly how to adjust. This is real important to do. Hope this helps rather than cofuse.

Whats the Tat. Pete your killin me. LOL

D

Darod

Good advice Dave,....don't forget that if your detecting in an area where there are electrical disturbances like power lines overhead or underground, your machine will simply go crazy!

I'm curious, what machine did your friend have and what were his setting on his machine?

Rod

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I had the same problem with that with my Tesoro Sabra ...I have my wire wound around the base because I hate stuff handing and it does something to the interactivity..so I just moved the wires a bit an now it is just fine...Thanks to the guys at Tesoro who mentioned this as a solution...Excellenet company!Check your batteirs also..if any wires are out of place that can screw up the working of the signals.
I also would try putting all nobs at zero and re-entering the cowordnants.bring down the sensivity button if you have a lot of minerals in your area and don't be working around underground wires and electrical fences...they also will put your machine in the crazy zone.
I worked in the our field and forgot the electir fences where on around me...Not good!
Just some thoughts..I would love to see this machine ..sounds interesting!I love a mystery! ;)

D

Darod

Good point ghost!

Minelab states that you should leave at least 10" of space (straight cord up the shaft, unwound) between the coil and your first cable winding on the shaft. The wound cable creates an electrical field that effects the coil performance. Sorta throws the entire engineering of the coil off a bit.

Thanks for adding that ghost, I forgot all about that point!

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread