250 headphone mod

Mega

Feb 28, 2005
Virginia
Was tired of the headphone cord getting in my way so i decided to go to Radioshack and pickup my goodies. Total cost was $7.00 dollars.

The hardest part was running the cable through the tube and back out to plug it into the unit. Started to bring the wires into the unit from the speaker grill and solder to the phone jack (do-able) but i thing i'll save that for a rainy day :)

Attachments

• DSC02449.JPG
    DSC02449.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 445

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
Looks like an excellent mod, maybe post a little more specific info on how it was done so other Ace 250 users can do the same.

D

Darod

I agree with Orygun!

Can you break it down and show pics of the steps involved? What are the part numbers of the items you bought at Radio Shack?

I know this doesn't really pertain to the post but here is a link to an item I made for my Excal 1000. I posted this for everyone to see how I did it:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,8660.0.html

If the link doesn't work, keep trying as I'm having some problems with my ISP! >:( :-\

Rod

OP
OP
Mega

Mega

Feb 28, 2005
Virginia
Sorry for the late reply.

Give me a couple days and i'll post an update and how to. The mod above is pretty basic, i more or less just made an extension and plugged it into the audio jack. Using the hollow shaft as a means of hiding the extension cable.

The update will show a small black box mounted on the left elbow wing? with 2 potentiometer pots. One for the L+R balance and the other for volume. This mod could come in handy (heaven forbid) if you drive 50 miles and forget your $$$ headphones. Just swing into a gimmie store and pickup a 4.99 set of earbuds ;D

Hey, cool writeup on the Excal 1000 mod :)

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Hey Mega, any more on this one? I'm sick of the bloody thing getting in the way but I'm a little timid about trying this without a little guidance.

Thanks!

R

rusty nails

8) that is a sweet mod ~ ! i hear u on that wango tango - i am left handed - so its not so bad - that baby really dings loud , i know a volume set of phones would help - but thats not a mod - i am working on it - leftybass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread