Alkaline 9volt Batteries - am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries?

BeachComber

Greenie
Dec 25, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal detector I just bought requires 9 volt Alkaline batteries.

I've been reading through some threads on here, and even saw somewhere someone mentioned rechargeable alkaline batteries, I never knew such a thing existed.

My first question is, if I just use regular alkaline 9volt (x2) batteries am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries? Or is it worth it?

Or...can I use rechargebale alkaline batteries?

What is the best type of battery requirement for a metal detector? (for future reference if I bring this back or buy a 2nd one)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what kind of detector you have, some types run a long time on 9v batteries. All of mine can use AA and I have AA battery pods for them. They get usually about 10-14 hours on them which is a good time length.

I don't feel I spend a fortune for batteries on mine at all. I look for sales and buy them in quanity on sale. I have found sales of buy one pack get second back free, and that was on the Energizer 24 and 36 akaline battery packs.....

OP
OP
B

BeachComber

Greenie
Dec 25, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.

I got a BH pioneer505 at walmart but I'm probably going to be getting a 2nd one soon as we get the feel for this one and see what we like/don't like about it.

Nowadays all my electronic equipment either comes with it's own charger or with a rechargeable battery/battery pack so I was surprised to see the Alkaline battery requirement.

Thanks again, I'll check out that link too.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
check BIG LOTS they have 9- volt batterys in the wrong package at the wrong price.the package says HEAVY DUTY 94 4 pack 1.90 which sould be carbon zinc but they have RAYOVAC alkaline batterys in the package, so I bought a few packs for my electronis around the house, this is only on the 9 volt packages that I could see an it was this way a 2 diffrent stores.

sandrailer

Dec 28, 2006
Durand, Mi.USA
Detector(s) used
fisher coinstrike
I`m cheap................ Dollar store. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
No they don't last as long but at 2 for a buck you can get 4 packs for what it cost for the name brand batts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread