Alkaline 9volt Batteries - am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2007
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Alkaline 9volt Batteries - am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries?

The metal detector I just bought requires 9 volt Alkaline batteries.

I've been reading through some threads on here, and even saw somewhere someone mentioned rechargeable alkaline batteries, I never knew such a thing existed.

My first question is, if I just use regular alkaline 9volt (x2) batteries am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries? Or is it worth it?

Or...can I use rechargebale alkaline batteries?

What is the best type of battery requirement for a metal detector? (for future reference if I bring this back or buy a 2nd one)

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30275 times

Re: Alkaline 9volt Batteries - am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries?

Let us know what kind of detector you have, some types run a long time on 9v batteries. All of mine can use AA and I have AA battery pods for them. They get usually about 10-14 hours on them which is a good time length.

I don't feel I spend a fortune for batteries on mine at all. I look for sales and buy them in quanity on sale. I have found sales of buy one pack get second back free, and that was on the Energizer 24 and 36 akaline battery packs.....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

ca
    Aug 2007
    Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
    To many to say
    3 times

Re: Alkaline 9volt Batteries - am I going to be spending a fortune on batteries?

The new F2 claims to only use alkaline batteries in there manual is that the one. Dan
    HH

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    53 times

All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

Dec 2007

Thanks.

I got a BH pioneer505 at walmart but I'm probably going to be getting a 2nd one soon as we get the feel for this one and see what we like/don't like about it.

Nowadays all my electronic equipment either comes with it's own charger or with a rechargeable battery/battery pack so I was surprised to see the Alkaline battery requirement.

Thanks again, I'll check out that link too.

May 2006
    fl

check BIG LOTS they have 9- volt batterys in the wrong package at the wrong price.the package says HEAVY DUTY 94 4 pack 1.90 which sould be carbon zinc but they have RAYOVAC alkaline batterys in the package, so I bought a few packs for my electronis around the house, this is only on the 9 volt packages that I could see an it was this way a 2 diffrent stores.
    sov. elite,,,,PI PRO

Dec 2006
    Durand, Mi.USA
    fisher coinstrike

I`m cheap................ Dollar store.
    No they don't last as long but at 2 for a buck you can get 4 packs for what it cost for the name brand batts.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links