How to make an Excal 800/1000 hip mount

D

Darod

Hello Excalibur owners :)

I have posted this before for everyone but I thought I might post it again for the newer users out there that may not have seen it.

Hi everyone,

If you have already read this post and downloaded or printed the tutorial I have made, please go back and take another look at it! I have made some important changes/additions to the steps.

I have spent quite a bit of time on this one for everyone here to benefit!
If your thinking of hip mounting your Excalibur 800 or 1000 then you need to go to this link I have created!

finishedsml.jpg

The design could easily be modified for other makes and models.

Here is a link to the web page I created showing step by step directions on constructing your very own hip mount:

www.allstateairandheat.com/treasurenet/userimages/darod/excalhpmnt.htm

Rod

Tintin

Jan 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
EXCALIBUR 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Rod? ;D

Always a good idea to repost (and share) some usefull link.

:D

Tintin

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
This is probably the worst thing you can do with an excal. The problem is the coil wire where it goes into the housing is a weak point and the wire will start to break the copper strands inside the sheilding and false signals will start. You can simply move, wiggle this wire and the excal will give a signal so when you go through the woods any branches that hit the wire will give a signal. I have done this years ago and have taken my excal apart and repaired the break twice. I have reconfigured the placement of the battery and housing to under the forarm with the knobs facing to the right so swing is right handed and adjustment is made with left hand just turn your swing arm to lets say look at your watch while holding the excal and the knobs are right there. Also by moving the weight to mid arm the ability to control your swing and longer duration is the benefit. I used 3/4" copper tee, street ell I'll post a pic later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread