Serious Comp. Problem TECS NEEDED!!!!

P

PrizmIV

well, were to start. I have windows XP. I know alot about computers and this one has me screwed. I have no AUDIO, period!!!!! Ive found the problem its the SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio componet. I did a test and it gave me this when It tried to run the componet " This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Ive done everything I know to try to fix this. I MEAN EVERYTHING!! I have all current drivers and as far as I know it isn't a hardware conflict. It also isn't a hack or virus etc. Any help is needed!!!
ASAP!!! HH Jonathan

R

rvbvetter

You probably can't hear me right now. So i can probably say anything i want about you.
Like your a @&^%%&&^%%%^. oops!! Dang! I forgot that these are read. So forget the previous; i luv ya man.

Maybe the new pc's don't have them. And you've checked i'm sure, but could the speakers have come unplugged?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked up a New Computer Last Week, and Realized I had no Sound.
When I Plugged the Cord in I heard Static Sound.

AND

I transfered My speakers, So I knew they Worked.

Got my Computer Genius Nephew up.

He went thru everything, then asks, "Are you shure your Speakers work ?".

::) DAAAAAAA ! ::)

Well, Longer Story, Made Shorter Here. They Didn't :)

Sometimes the Simplest things ;D

He found it by Plugging My CellPhone Ear Piece in the Jack.

rv may be right.
Check it out & Good Luck !
Jeff

OP
OP
P

PrizmIV

no thats not the problem for that was the first thing I did. Also, when i download a WAV. file (audio) and try to play it; basically says there is nothing to play it.plus I already found the problem but I cant fix it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
@#$% IT!!!!!!

D

deacon

I had a problem with it also .Don't remember the exact error code, but nothing would fix it.

I ended up uninstalling everything related, shutting down the computer, then reinstalling it.

Sound max has been fine since.

D

deacon

Due to work requirements I can't MAC, other wise I would. Much better for photo editing etc.

I believe part of the SoundMax problem is a compatability issue with XP Pro.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry, I don't have a solution to your problem, well maybe I do...
Na,,, I don't. I just wanted to say,,, "Widows XP" is your first problem...
I used to think I knew a little about computers, but XP, drives me crazy. I have had nothing but problems ever since I started using it.. Couldn't use most of my older equipment, it simply wouldn't wok with XP... Either there were no drivers available, or just wasn't compatable...
Hope ya get it figured out...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Willy

I got sooo ticked off at Windows and Microsoft's policies that I've switched to a dual boot Linux (Ubuntu)/ Windows system and only use windows for programs that require it. One nice thing about Linux is that, since it's not nearly as bloated an OS as Windows, it runs faster and can make an old computer operate like a new one. Back to your problem, how 'bout uninstalling the drivers and associated software for your sound card, restart the computer, and when the dialog box comes up re. 'found new hardware', have it search the net for appropriate drivers and such & download them. There might be a problem with your sound card software and this should avoid reinstalling garbage. ..Willy.

oldguypromo

Jan 20, 2007
After a couple of years of use I had some crazy problems with XP, turned out the problem was pirated XP software. Bought new software problems went away.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.Go into your bios turn off onboard sound, save, exit. Let windows load then #2

2. restart go back into bios and turn onboard sound back on

If that doesn`t start it working again, repeat step 1 but then in windows remove all the software and drivers for the soundcard.

Restart go into bios turn onboard sound back on then reinstall drivers and software for it.

If that doesn`t work u may have a fried onboard soundchip. Bios turn off onboard sound buy u a cheapie sound card install it then load up software.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 year old post i think his parents had it fixed by now ::)

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL i didn`t even look at the date just saw it as a new post, when i logged on... GEEEZZZZZZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread