bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Re: ELECTROSCOPE?

Omnicognic is correct on his reply above.
However as this is a treasure hunting forum I can't help but to ask if the question was about the treasure hunting electroscopes. These electroscopes were sold a while back as a treasure hunting electronic device with rods to detect objects near and far. In other words a LRL(Long Range Locater). You still see this things on E-Bay.
No I haven't used one and I would be embarrassed to tell you if I had. They of course were a fraud and a scam and you would be throwing your money away if you bought one of these devices. The scam artists have long since moved on to newer LRL scams.

George

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you bakergeol, I couldn't have said it better myself.

as for me.......... No expierence Except on here.

? ?And Talking about LRL's ANY BRAND , on here, Only causes a String that becomes a Pain In The .....

? ? ? ? ?A Prediction.
IF a Conversation Starts here on LRL's ,

? ? ? ? ? ? This String Disappears? ;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? JEFF

J

JBlack

deacon said:
Sherman as I recall Electoscope was a company out of williamsport, Pa. that advertised heavily in treasure magazines. They occupied most of the issue sometimes. I even considered getting one based on all their stories, but while saving up money to get one I think they went out of business. There were other companies selling similar items but I figured if the most highly publisized fell I wasn't going to try the others. So I upgraded my MD and still had cash left over.
that's my experience.

Wise choice.

The Electroscope, like the Vectra-Trek, like the Winders Omnitron and other similar contraptions have all been proven to be frauds and rip-offs.

If you just like throwing your ready cash to the wind, or down a rat hole ---go buy one and see for yourself what the other fools are talking about.

Dowsing can be tried for FREE. You don't need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to try the art of dowsing.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
Anyone at all have a positive experience, or any type of experience?

These fall under the "any type of experience" category:

E-scope Model 20 report
E-scope Model 301 report
Another E-scope Model 301 report

The Electroscope is a scam, but they are not out-of-business, see www.electroscopes.com. The original Models 20, 301, & System B are still available, as well as the far more technologically-advanced Gravitator. They are all nothing but ordinary dowsing rods of course, but they sure look cool, and will keep you entertained for hours while not finding gold.

- Carl

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
...or if they ever worked.

Oh, absolutely, they work exactly once... when the buyer forks over the cash to Afilani. And Afilani makes no claim that an Electroscope will do anything more than put money in his pocket. Read those old ads, and see if any of them actually claim that the Electroscope can find anything. The omission of such claims, is not an accident.

- Carl

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005

Been reading a lot of these post, and most are good, buuuuttttt, I hope that what I see is not an indication of how a lot of folks do their research for good detecting, treasure, or nugget shooting locations. You can leaf through about any so called treasure mag. & see some LRL. A couple quick ones. GPAA mag. mar/apr. pg.3, full pg. ad for Electroscope, still in Williamsport, PA., Lost Treasure Jan.pg. 40 Simmons LRL, Fitgerald LRL, Stewart Research Labs., Loadable Brass Dowsing rods dowsingrods.com, and the lists go's on. Yes, I have had some experience with the rods or at least the dowsers. I have treasure hunted, metal detected and drink coffee with them. And for the most part they are good people and most believe that it works, and maybe it does!!!!! All I can tell you, after having worked with a number of them, is I have never found a single one that could show me anything that he or she had ever found with a rod. If you ever have the chance to work with one at a site, I can almost promise you that you will hear a sack full of excuses as to why it wouldn't work at that location. Nuff said.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Electroscopes?????

Has anyone actually used an electroscope? What was the outcome over a large area? Do they actually work? I'm very interested in any feedback. Seems this would cut out the guess work of detecting completely, and cut WAY down on research. So why isn't everyone using electroscopes for Cache hunting?
Thanks.
xXx

J

JBlack

Re: Electroscopes?????

xXx said:
Has anyone actually used an electroscope?? What was the outcome over a large area?? Do they actually work?? I'm very interested in any feedback.? Seems this would cut out the guess work of detecting completely, and cut WAY down on research.? So why isn't everyone using electroscopes for Cache hunting?
Thanks.
xXx

Yes, several of us that have already posted on this thread have used the Electroscopes, and we have tested them on various targets that the advertising "implies" they will react to. The results of that usage and the testing have already been stated here, but perhaps it bears repeating.

The Electroscopes are made to appear like they have something "electronic" going on when they are used. They have switches, knobs and meters built into the case. IN POINT OF FACT! THERE IS NOTHING ELECTRONIC GOING ON BETWEEN AN ELECTROSCOPE AND A DISTANT TARGET! The entire device was concocted as a hoax merely to rob the gullible and technically-challenged.... and in that regard they WORK perfectly, since many have been fooled by the scam.

In essence, the Electroscopes are nothing more than a box of crap mounted atop a swivel handle, so that when held relatively level, it will rotate from side to side in response to subtle hand and wrist movements caused by the operator. It is PURE DOWSING and nothing more. That's why NO ONE uses them for serious cache hunting because the art of dowsing ALWAYS provides the same results as your natural intuition, coupled with research and best guessing.

By the way, the Electroscopes of yesterday have basically been copied by an LRL scam artist of today, who is operating out of Australia and pushing his fraud devices on eBay. I don't think I have to mention his name or the brand of LRL scam device, but if you will look at Carl's website, you can quickly figure out who and what I'm talking about.

Hope this answers your questions.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

I had posted my above questions under another thread and hadn't seen this one was already started. Jeff moved it here, as it should have been. I wish I had seen this one first and saved myself the embarassment of even asking about the electroscopes. I didn't realize it was LRL's. I have voiced my opinion about that topic and nonsense, so I will quietly fade away from this subject.
However, my question WAS answered by all my buddies here on TreasureNet. Thanks guys.
xXx

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: ELECTROSCOPE? Yes and NO....

Sherman,

Where in Illinois are you? I am near Chicago ,in Aurora.You can try my Escope Model 20 if you want.I took the guts out and yes they are just junk electronic parts and tons of wire.I installed a gold only MFD circuit that a friend built for me.I also installed a voltmeter on top of the unit so I can see what my new adjustment knob is doing. I coated all the antennas in electrical tape.So far, it has still not found me any treasure.BUT, my original Escope model 20 did find a number of coins including 2 silver dimes in my backyard that I thought I had cleaned out with my metal detector.The first silver dime was at the base of a small tree about 4 inches deep and the 2nd was in the backyard about 5 inches deep and 10 feet away from the first dime., don't know how I missed them with the detector? The next bunch of hits were all nickels and my best find was a silver quarter in a junior high school athletic field from several hundred feet away. Unfortunately, this particular Escope was stolen from my rental car in upstate New York while I was hunting for a well known treasure,either that or I left it on the hiillside and it is is still settin there, sure wish'ed I had it back?
Now, I did practice every day with it back 15 years ago, so maybe that is the real key. I would throw a silver dollar out in the lawn in tall grass and was able to find it 9 times out of 10 with just the rod. These days, I hardly get the scope out ,mainly cause it is kinda embarrasing to use it out in public. But you know they say, practice makes perfect? I tried the Anderson rods and never found anything with them altho Fred Goss in Oklahoma found quite a few nice things with his some years back.
I feel much more confident map dowsing now. I have found some gold deposits and am doing some dowsing for a mine owner in Alaska now. Probably won't know the results till next year since Alaska is 3000 miles away and the mine owner is hard to get hold of.He does do core drilling/sampling before he mines and is open to dowsing he told me. I found a spot up there for 25,000 ounces of AU but unfortunately made a major dowsing mistake by not asking if the AU was still there or not? The mine owner looked at my spot and told me that he and the previous owner had removed over 27,000 ounces of AU from that area over the years!!! ( Incidentally, I found my first metal detected gold nugget there,been lookin for 3 years.) I think what I have read about remnance rays being over a target area even after the target is gone and still attracting the dowser must be true after this experience?
Now, I still don't understand how I was able to make this major gold location but could not find metal detectable gold nugget spots in other areas there at the mining site? Maybe, I am asking the wrong questions?
I think the next time I go metal detect a school yard , I will draw the layout first, map dowse it for gold rings and silver coins, and just hit the spots I pick and see what happens? Sounds like a plan ,anyway. My new pendulum works great and I just ordered 4 more from Afghanistan ,off Ebay,since I had a hard time finding anymore locally.
Maybe we can go dowsing together this summer? I am goin gout this weekend to check on some sites in Indiana I map dowsed for gold placer locations, wish me luck.
--Tom, I will attempt to upload a picture of some nice gold flakes I found from a spot in Indiana I map dowsed from home a couple years ago

Attachments

• Pine Creek, Indiana gold.jpg
    Pine Creek, Indiana gold.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 631

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions